Hacking MINI source code released !!

marice

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great stuff! we can have custom bootmii-MINI menu's now, and have a inside look on how this works
biggrin.gif

marice

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Arm the Homeless said:
marice said:
Great stuff! we can have custom bootmii-MINI menu's now, and have a inside look on how this works
biggrin.gif
That's not good.

Now we're going to have 10,000 different versions of MINI, all including the word "Ultimate."

Lol.. Maybe.... But i dont see that as a bad thing...

Maybe its a nice thing to start a GBAtemp-devs-united MINI though (SVN anyone?)

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The team requested that people would send in their patches to them so that there will be a unified MINI without many different forks. I doubt it'll happen, but it'll be REALLY nice if people followed through.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
LOL actually you should first read what they wrote on Hackmii
wink.gif

QUOTE said:
Please send patches to [email protected] or contact anyone of us in IRC (#wiidev, #bootmii or #hackmii on EFNet). It would be great if we could manage this all in one repository instead of having thousands of forks with different features

marice

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yup sorry bout that comment guys, just saw it while reading the source code
smile.gif

Backup loading trough boot2 isnt needed anyway, WAD installation on the other hand would be cool... But i doubt they will include that :S

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
These are all ARM stuff, no ppc source... don't think anyone here could mess with this stuff at this point... they should have released the rather non messy frontend first so that people could at least have an idea how they would port their existing libogc/ios using apps...

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
These are all ARM stuff, no ppc source... don't think anyone here could mess with this stuff at this point... they should have released the rather non messy frontend first so that people could at least have an idea how they would port their existing libogc/ios using apps...

Except they probably want help getting all the required drivers for a full IOS replacement, and while not many here (or anywhere for that matter) could do much with that, I bet there are a couple of thousand people out there who can at least have a go. I can imagine the first real non TT additions will be from the people working on the Wii Linux port.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for the newb talk, but does this mean someone could theoritically place in a usb loader on the boot mii menu and have an option to boot into a usb loader

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
cwstjdenobs said:
WiiCrazy said:

Except they probably want help getting all the required drivers for a full IOS replacement, and while not many here (or anywhere for that matter) could do much with that, I bet there are a couple of thousand people out there who can at least have a go. I can imagine the first real non TT additions will be from the people working on the Wii Linux port.

Of course there are tons of people capable of touching that source, just not here
smile.gif

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
LOL this is so typical but yes theoretically it´s possible anyway at the moment there is no support for USB,Networking,write support to the NAND filesystem, DI support and WC24 support

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GolfDude said:
sorry for the newb talk, but does this mean someone could theoritically place in a usb loader on the boot mii menu and have an option to boot into a usb loader

@nIxx: I don't think he's talking about an ISO loader based off of MINI and all that, but rather a way to start up IOS and then run the USB Loader from it similar to how the HBC can be started from BootMii. Sort of like a forwarder, I'd imagine.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Bootmii possibly launching hbc similar to launching system menu, kick the ios used by the channel into the starlet and launch the channel using es calls...

Though nothing new, you can already accomplish the same thing using preloader... And I doubt they would be willing to include a custom channel icon for that specific purpose
smile.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, yeah. A change like that obviously wouldn't be sent into TT's source. XD

Still, you can already autoboot into the HBC to get at your apps quickly so there's pretty much no point to adding an icon to BootMii's startup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more