Hacking MINI source code released !!

marice

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2009
Messages
170
Trophies
0
XP
450
Country
Netherlands
Great stuff! we can have custom bootmii-MINI menu's now, and have a inside look on how this works
biggrin.gif
 

marice

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2009
Messages
170
Trophies
0
XP
450
Country
Netherlands
Arm the Homeless said:
marice said:
Great stuff! we can have custom bootmii-MINI menu's now, and have a inside look on how this works
biggrin.gif
That's not good.

Now we're going to have 10,000 different versions of MINI, all including the word "Ultimate."

Lol.. Maybe.... But i dont see that as a bad thing...

Maybe its a nice thing to start a GBAtemp-devs-united MINI though (SVN anyone?)
 

Anorhc

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2008
Messages
287
Trophies
0
XP
239
Country
United States
The team requested that people would send in their patches to them so that there will be a unified MINI without many different forks. I doubt it'll happen, but it'll be REALLY nice if people followed through.
 

nIxx

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
1,545
Trophies
0
Location
Germany
Website
Visit site
XP
337
Country
Gambia, The
LOL actually you should first read what they wrote on Hackmii
wink.gif


QUOTE said:
Please send patches to [email protected] or contact anyone of us in IRC (#wiidev, #bootmii or #hackmii on EFNet). It would be great if we could manage this all in one repository instead of having thousands of forks with different features
.
 

marice

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2009
Messages
170
Trophies
0
XP
450
Country
Netherlands
Yup sorry bout that comment guys, just saw it while reading the source code
smile.gif


Backup loading trough boot2 isnt needed anyway, WAD installation on the other hand would be cool... But i doubt they will include that :S
 

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
2,395
Trophies
0
Location
Istanbul
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
384
Country
These are all ARM stuff, no ppc source... don't think anyone here could mess with this stuff at this point... they should have released the rather non messy frontend first so that people could at least have an idea how they would port their existing libogc/ios using apps...
 

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2009
Messages
1,756
Trophies
0
Location
Ankh-Morpork
Website
Visit site
XP
205
Country
WiiCrazy said:
These are all ARM stuff, no ppc source... don't think anyone here could mess with this stuff at this point... they should have released the rather non messy frontend first so that people could at least have an idea how they would port their existing libogc/ios using apps...

Except they probably want help getting all the required drivers for a full IOS replacement, and while not many here (or anywhere for that matter) could do much with that, I bet there are a couple of thousand people out there who can at least have a go. I can imagine the first real non TT additions will be from the people working on the Wii Linux port.
 

GolfDude

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2009
Messages
855
Trophies
1
XP
965
Country
United States
sorry for the newb talk, but does this mean someone could theoritically place in a usb loader on the boot mii menu and have an option to boot into a usb loader
 

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
2,395
Trophies
0
Location
Istanbul
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
384
Country
cwstjdenobs said:
WiiCrazy said:
These are all ARM stuff, no ppc source... don't think anyone here could mess with this stuff at this point... they should have released the rather non messy frontend first so that people could at least have an idea how they would port their existing libogc/ios using apps...

Except they probably want help getting all the required drivers for a full IOS replacement, and while not many here (or anywhere for that matter) could do much with that, I bet there are a couple of thousand people out there who can at least have a go. I can imagine the first real non TT additions will be from the people working on the Wii Linux port.

Of course there are tons of people capable of touching that source, just not here
smile.gif
 

nIxx

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
1,545
Trophies
0
Location
Germany
Website
Visit site
XP
337
Country
Gambia, The
LOL this is so typical but yes theoretically it´s possible anyway at the moment there is no support for USB,Networking,write support to the NAND filesystem, DI support and WC24 support
 

FenrirWolf

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
4,347
Trophies
0
Location
Sandy, UT
XP
601
Country
United States
GolfDude said:
sorry for the newb talk, but does this mean someone could theoritically place in a usb loader on the boot mii menu and have an option to boot into a usb loader

@nIxx: I don't think he's talking about an ISO loader based off of MINI and all that, but rather a way to start up IOS and then run the USB Loader from it similar to how the HBC can be started from BootMii. Sort of like a forwarder, I'd imagine.
 

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
2,395
Trophies
0
Location
Istanbul
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
384
Country
Bootmii possibly launching hbc similar to launching system menu, kick the ios used by the channel into the starlet and launch the channel using es calls...

Though nothing new, you can already accomplish the same thing using preloader... And I doubt they would be willing to include a custom channel icon for that specific purpose
smile.gif
 

FenrirWolf

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
4,347
Trophies
0
Location
Sandy, UT
XP
601
Country
United States
Well, yeah. A change like that obviously wouldn't be sent into TT's source. XD

Still, you can already autoboot into the HBC to get at your apps quickly so there's pretty much no point to adding an icon to BootMii's startup.
 

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    For what?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't like this new shitbox, it's too complicated
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    well this isn't a shoutbox but a chat
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    It's basically the same thing shoutbox has been around for years just upgraded
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Oh the floating chat thing is new.
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    And you can do formatting.
  • Arecaidian Fox @ Arecaidian Fox:
    Oooooh, colors.
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    I think what you meant was "colors".
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    :^)
    +1
  • antiNT @ antiNT:
    nice
  • HinaNaru Cutie @ HinaNaru Cutie:
    hi o w o
  • HinaNaru Cutie @ HinaNaru Cutie:
    yo does anyone know how to fix the 'no main boot entries found, check that bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini has boot entries or use more configs button for more boot entries' error on hekate??? i keep getting it when i try to click the launch option
  • HinaNaru Cutie @ HinaNaru Cutie:
    nvm got it to work now q uq someone helped me out
  • chrisrlink @ chrisrlink:
    ugh always have trouble sleeping
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    Have you tried closing your eyes?
  • HarvHouHacker @ HarvHouHacker:
    Hey, this is cool! Now we can chat pretty much anywhere.
  • AsPika2219 @ AsPika2219:
    RAINBOW 🌈
  • Costello @ Costello:
    this must have taken you like 5 minutes to do ^
  • gamewizard @ gamewizard:
    Awe man of course I get on and chat be dead lol
  • banjo2 @ banjo2:
    @IanSkinner1982 congratulations on being the current top chatter of all time
  • banjo2 @ banjo2:
    Dang they got Giphy on this thing?
  • banjo2 @ banjo2:
    Oh wait it doesn't have the same stuff as Tenor, no big floppa gifs :(
  • banjo2 @ banjo2:
    floppa-gargantious-floppa.gif


    here he is tho
  • bowlofspiders @ bowlofspiders:
    This is neat :O
    bowlofspiders @ bowlofspiders: This is neat :O