Mini Ninjas Wii-Need Help With Burning

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Lakerfanalways, Sep 10, 2009.

Sep 10, 2009
  1. Lakerfanalways
    OP

Member Lakerfanalways GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    HI everyone. I have Mini Ninjas for the Wii, I went to go brick block the game using wiibrickblocker but it says it is the wrong file size, even though it looks like it is the correct size. According to someone on the Mini Ninjas thread, it is 64k oversized, and that I have to do this in order to fix it

to start, open a dos window and make your dummy file:

fsutil file createnew c:\dummy.wii 65536

then, you want to append this file to your undersized iso in dos, like so:

copy/b isoname.iso+dummy.wii isoname_new.iso

wait a few minutes and your new iso should now be the proper 4,589,824kb or 4,699,979,776b and may now be brickblocked

But I don't understand since I am not familiar with dos what I have to do. I downloaded that fstfix1.5 program but when I click it nothing happens, just pops up and disappears so I need to know what I have to do in order to make this work properly. Thanks

2. Crass

Member Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

United States
    Why are you using brickblocker? Just upgrade ur damn system menu to 4.1 and burn the iso like you would with any other game, ImgBurn works great.

3. ViciousXUSMC

Newcomer ViciousXUSMC Advanced Member

United States
    Dont even need to update as long as you have any of the modern loaders, all of them have brick block protection built into the loader, or there is always preloader too.

I have had a game not load onto my usb drive before for being the wrong size, but this game seemed to add itself to my usb drive without any errors and I tested it today and it runs fine. Should be a pretty good game but since it is on like every system including PC it may have better graphics and stuff on the other platforms. I'll have to track down the PC version and give it a shot.

4. Arendo

Member Arendo GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    actually, you already posted what you should do, but I'll break it down for you:

1) click Start
    2) click 'Run...', type in 'cmd' and press enter
    3) type: 'cd..', press enter, and do this again, so that it says: 'C:\>'
    4) type: 'fsutil file createnew c:\dummy.wii 65536' and press enter
    5) open windows explorer, and locate the dummy.wii file (it's located in the root of your C drive), and copy this to the directory where the game's ISO is in
    6) go back to your DOS screen and type in: 'cd C:\GAME\ISO\DIRECTORY' (change this to the path where you have your game's iso file), press enter, the DOS screen should now return a new line starting with the directory you just entered
    7) now type: 'copy/b ISONAME.iso+dummy.wii NEW_ISONAME.iso' and press enter (change ISONAME to the name of the game's iso file, you can change the NEW_ISONAME into anything you like, try not using any non-alphabetical and non-numerical characters [​IMG])

now wait a little bit and your NEW_ISONAME.iso file should be located inside the directory which is probably still open in your explorer, so hit refresh and check it with wiu or brickblocker or whatever [​IMG]
    I'm not quite sure how long this would take, depends on your system probably, so just wait untill DOS returns to a new line, and then check if the file is there, before closing the window, just to be sure [​IMG]

5. longtom1

Member longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Antarctica
    had the same problem with my iso Wui said it was not a good size but burnt it anyway and it works no problem had a few games which are not the right size and they play ok when burned

6. Arendo

Member Arendo GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    probably because it's just empty sectors missing, once burned, those sectors will still be empty [​IMG]