Country
United States
UPDATE:
GBATemp has Minecraft Servers!
Antoligy said:
What an odd coincidence
Prowler_ made the post about TempCraft (the classic server) today
*snip*
Banger will most likely be hosting an affiliated Mulltiplayer Survial server, and possibly a less-gbatemp orientated classic server.

---
Original Post:
Ok guys, i'm heavily addicted to this game. I know a few more of you are. I'd like a thread here for people. I want to see it's response. I'd like to pin this shart if it's busy enough.

So-

WHAT IS MINECRAFT?
FPS LEGOs. With odd RTS elements. Addicting as hell.
Vija ahead.

You destroy to collect, collect to use, use to build, build to survive & destroy, rinse & repeat. But it's not hectic. Hell, you can choose to just mine to build. Make art? a home? Whatever you want.
Read about it here- Official Minecraft Website.

I've only been playing single player, but i'm hooked. I'm looking forward to getting into some multiplayer (What's that? Yes, there's some MMO elements too
wink.gif
) with tempers here.
(If there's enough interest, i'll set up some official GBAtemp Minecraft Events.)

Now... BEGIN DISCUSS. MINECRAFT!

Now With More Screen Shots (and info)!
This is my house... base... whatever you want to call it. It's dug into a hill into which i mined, re-stoned, i had to build the door by crafting wood into planks, and planks into a door. Examples of things you can do.
257rm.jpg

This is one mine i started digging... and kept going down. There's tunnels all over the place down there... multi levels... it's a maze. I dug most of it out and found other caverns. Another thing you can do.
nkygJ.jpg

And finally, here's a beach near my homebase. There's all sorts of places to find. All land is randomly generated. And it's endless. No lie. As you walk, the game randomly generates land... or caverns if you're digging. You're save file grows, but not much... it's nutty. Also, it's dark... day/night cycles. Aaaand, those torches? I had to craft em out of coal (mined) and a stick (crafted from wood from a tree). More examples
wink.gif
zeovg.jpg

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I first started it was just mountains and fields, now it looks like a city! Here is a really old pic, there is a shit ton more now.
60481895.gif

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
tails100 said:
Minecraft is the same creater of Left 4 Dead
You probably mean that Notch, the one and only Minecraft developer also made something that's inspired by Left 4 Dead.

Also, I knew you'd get addicted, WildWon!

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What an odd coincidence
Prowler_ made the post about TempCraft (the classic server) today

I've been following MineCraft since just after it's very beginning, because sllide made me join him in multiplayer. Since then we've both been hooked, and well, with all the public attention recently, I thought it would be a good idea to start up a GBAtemp Server
biggrin.gif

Banger will most likely be hosting an affiliated Mulltiplayer Survial server, and possibly a less-gbatemp orientated classic server.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hosting a Survival Multiplayer Server on IP 70.176.6.59 for anyone who is interested.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good