Homebrew Minecraft DS (in 3D !)

D

Deleted_171835

machomuu said:
I'm pretty sure they're talking about the DS.
Doesn't really matter. I was referring to the fact that Minecraft would be feasible on the 3DS.

Anyways, if there's one thing that this homebrew proves, it's that Minecraft on the DS is possible.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minecraft with 3ds street/spot pass would just be awesome.
tongue.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
SoulSnatcher said:
machomuu said:
I'm pretty sure they're talking about the DS.
Doesn't really matter. I was referring to the fact that Minecraft would be feasible on the 3DS.
We don't know about the eShop update policies. So it might still not be possible. But whatever, discussing this isn't the point of this thread.

D

Deleted-236924

Why does the X button make it go in noclip mode?

I recommend adding a cross in the middle of the screen, just like it is in the real Minecraft.
That way we can more easily know what block we're going to remove.

Is it possible to add blocks yet?

DarkMelon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
Why does the X button make it go in noclip mode?

I recommend adding a cross in the middle of the screen, just like it is in the real Minecraft.
That way we can more easily know what block we're going to remove.

Is it possible to add blocks yet?

L and R to add or remove blocks.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow, I'm impressed! Funny thing, I've been working on some level generator myself, and I'm also having the aztec piramid problem
tongue.gif
Haven't took the time to try other stuff though..
Anyway, good luck!

Klaymator14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made an account here just so I could ask this, but I tried running this on my Supercard, but with no luck. I'm getting a white screen on the top screen and a black screen on the bottom, but it is unresponsive. Any ideas? I'd love to try this out!
biggrin.gif

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Klaymator14 said:
I made an account here just so I could ask this, but I tried running this on my Supercard, but with no luck. I'm getting a white screen on the top screen and a black screen on the bottom, but it is unresponsive. Any ideas? I'd love to try this out!
biggrin.gif

What Supercard? A Slot 1 card (DSONE or DSTWO?) or a Slot 2 card (GBA ones with Passme?) more info please.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Minecraft on a DS ??? - unbelievable - & there's me currently having memory problems on a PC !!!

Still as said before - even 'Classic' should be good enough for now for those of us that want to 'build' instead of 'survive' (although HOW the DS will cope with Redstone & Pistons I don't know !!) but here's a (possible) suggestion...

Any plans of making a Minecraft (PC) map convertor perhaps ?? - Let MC(PC) create the Maps & import them into MC(DS) - might help 'reduce' the load on the DS

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
to the question of true DLC for DS, yeah, i guess that's highly unlikely... unless they opt for something like what the Art Academy cartridge did, and make a whopping 8MB save file. if they managed to up save file sizes from 512KB to 8MB (x16, i think), then wouldn't it be possible to just UP the save file size further? Of course, then they'd have to figure out what's the best limit to cap it off, and the actual cart size to use...

that's all just wishful thinking though.

on the DSi however, maybe they can find a way for a game to have FULL access to the DSi's system memory and SD card? that potentially provides the game with unlimited storage, although of course, access speed would probably suffer, but still... that would be TRUE DLC.

somebody should really make a proof of concept for this (for DS; DSi mode will have to wait till it's cracked wide open).

EDIT: this is awfully gorgeous. will hold off from trying this until one can actually start to do something in it. i just hope the DS's controls can control this baby just fine
happy.gif

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Minecraft on a DS ??? - unbelievable - & there's me currently having memory problems on a PC !!!

Still as said before - even 'Classic' should be good enough for now for those of us that want to 'build' instead of 'survive' (although HOW the DS will cope with Redstone & Pistons I don't know !!) but here's a (possible) suggestion...

Any plans of making a Minecraft (PC) map convertor perhaps ?? - Let MC(PC) create the Maps & import them into MC(DS) - might help 'reduce' the load on the DS

I doubt it would reduce any load. The levels for MCDS are likely much smaller than the pc ones, and even if they weren't, he's already streaming the maps as it is. So Regardless of whether it was made on a pc or the ds, if you're standing in one spot and move 5 blocks forward, it's gonna unload the 5 blocks behind you and load 5 new ones in front of you (hypothetical numbers, and this is how I would imagine it works). In other words, the game is constantly loading portions of the world that are being used and unloading those that aren't, rather than have loading screens.

And instead of a map converter, I think platform interoperability would be even more awesome. Goin on a trip? Copy your whole world folder over, and continue where you left off XD. But, seeing as this is (for now) looking to just be a Classic build, that wouldn't even work. Plus, I doubt he would keep the same update schedule as Mojang.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and I used neither my phone or my pc today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I was out for most of the afternoon
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall...