XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I honestly wish that there was some sort of legislature that stated that these game companies that make servers for games and other activities must keep the servers running for at least 20 years or allow a 3rd party to run similar servers. It is absolutely shitty that you buy a product that already has an EOL determined for it, and that is usually much shorter than most customers want it to be.

Hell. I am fine with paying $30 more for my console if I will know for sure that their services will still be running 20+ years from now. I am even fine with monthly payments.

Don't include features if they will not last the long term.

NancyDS

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello, everyone, my name is Ben. I'm the creator of yet another Miiverse clone, but this time it'll be different from the others, since it'll truly go back to its roots.
Introducing Pearl.
Pearl is a website I've been working on for months. I've copied almost every feature from the original site, including play journal entries, screenshot albums, admin messages, discussions, related communities, and a bunch of other things that most Miiverse clones don't have. There are 2 different themes for the PC edition, one called "PreDesign" (based on the original version of Miiverse), and "Redesign" (Post-July 2015 Miiverse).
It'll also have similar rules, but I'll remove the stupid ones like not being able to share friend codes. There's already a PC version out, and it will be available for the Wii U in 3 months. I'll release a tutorial on how to install it once it's out, but it might require RedNAND to remove any possibility of bricking. Anyways, I hope you enjoy!
How to install your new Miiverse on Nintendo 3DS?

Reactions: alivebacon

DoctorTricky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought "nice" when I saw that Miiverse was being remade for Wii U but then thought "not nice" when I saw the website had a shutdown notice. Oh well, RIP.

D

Deleted User

OP
Hm. I think people should really stick to working on something like reviving mv. Most of the clones out there were garbage, but I bet if I had some free time on my hands I could do a pretty good job. Uiiverse is okay but it's still unfinished. I might be working on a revival project of some sort.

N1N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm. I think people should really stick to working on something like reviving mv. Most of the clones out there were garbage, but I bet if I had some free time on my hands I could do a pretty good job. Uiiverse is okay but it's still unfinished. I might be working on a revival project of some sort.
NO PLEASE! Just let it stay dead. Everyone made their own Miiverse clone thinking they could do better than the last one, and they ALL went to shit. They always become full of corrupt administration, toxic/unfunny users, and stupid drama. Uiiverse is like a containment zone for the worst of the clone userbase, and we don't need them spreading. Miiverse clones have damn near died out, and that's too great to pass up.

D

Deleted User

OP
NO PLEASE! Just let it stay dead. Everyone made their own Miiverse clone thinking they could do better than the last one, and they ALL went to shit. They always become full of corrupt administration, toxic/unfunny users, and stupid drama. Uiiverse is like a containment zone for the worst of the clone userbase, and we don't need them spreading. Miiverse clones have damn near died out, and that's too great to pass up.
I understand where you're coming from, but I think Miiverse really needs a proper revival. Other services like wiimfi have rules set in place to make sure that they stay up without problems. More or less I'm trying to do the same thing. These clones sucks cause of the userbase, not necessarily the websites themselves.

Pikacraft64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand where you're coming from, but I think Miiverse really needs a proper revival. Other services like wiimfi have rules set in place to make sure that they stay up without problems. More or less I'm trying to do the same thing. These clones sucks cause of the userbase, not necessarily the websites themselves.

Do not use the indigo name, or the oasis name. I am not being associated with whatever the fuck you are making.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr