Hacking Mii channel update

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to update the Mii channel. I went to WiiBrew.org and tried to download the files. When I try to extract them, and try to move them to my SD card, I get an error message and the files don’t get added to my SD card. Any suggestions or does someone have the files in their signature that I can grab?

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
hmm, theirs nothing wrong with that .rar maybe your using a crappy extracting program, try winrar or something.

I am using winrar. I don't have the exact error message, but it isn't working

D

Deleted User

Get the error message and post it here.

Damn, really need a sig that says "Remember! An Error ain't just Random Numbers!"

Yea, something similiar like kitt's sig.

Now that I mention it, where the fuck is kitt?

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fishears said:
spritefreak said:
djdynamite123 said:
hmm, theirs nothing wrong with that .rar maybe your using a crappy extracting program, try winrar or something.

I am using winrar. I don't have the exact error message, but it isn't working

are you able to write anything else to your SD card?

Yes I can write other files to the SD card. I will look at what version of winrar I have. If I am still having problems, I will write the error message I get when I am home

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the error message I keep getting when I extract the file for the Mii CHannel Updater

C:\Users\Matty\Desktop\Mii Channel Updater rev02.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have tried both with winrar and 7zip...same error. I am able to copy other files to my SD card with my reader. I don't know what else to do..

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Make sure your not using a hacked/cracked version of WINRAR this is often known to corrupt rar files/archives due to it being a hacked/cracked version regardless of whats in the archive or where it came from!

use a clean download of a BETA/trail version of WINRAR or ..as above use 7zip FREEWARE tool
smile.gif

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
save and extract the file to a different folder on your HD. or even save it to your sd card, and extract it directly to your sd card, therefor bypassing saving the file on your hd. worth a shot.... dont really know anything else you could try...

ausdamn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if your using a download manager like Internet Download Manager.. maybe turn off firefox/internet explorer to intercept the file and download the old fashion way!!

that involves clearing out all cached items of browser and restarting it..
If your using just firefox or IE to download then try IDM to download it..
either way your going to get the file in all its entirety so you can unrar it and put on sd card..

Good luck!

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am happy to report that I downloaded winrar 3.80 beta4 as djdynamite123 suggested. I only had v3.8, but his suggestion worked. Thanks alot buddy! Mii CHannel is now updated!

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I am happy to report that I downloaded winrar 3.80 beta4 as djdynamite123 suggested. I only had v3.8, but his suggestion worked. Thanks alot buddy! Mii CHannel is now updated!
topman, told you so
smile.gif
see I'm not a total ass all the time
tongue.gif

and that's the best .rar program, iv'e never once had a problem with it*

glad you got it working after my initial suggestion!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: