Mighty No. 9 release slips to 2016

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Aug 5, 2015.

1. shaunj66
    OP

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    cung-xem-gameplay-moi-nhat-cua-mighty-no-9-1781138.jpg.400.400.jpg
    It has been announced on the official forums (only viewable to backers) that Mighty No. 9 will not make its scheduled September release date and will now release in Q1 2016.

Source post

:arrow: Source - official backer-only forum

2. Hyro-Sama

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Oct 25, 2009
    After Earth
    I'd say I'm shocked, but I'm not. Honestly, this was expected with all the controversy surrounding this game and Keiji Inafune of late.

3. nihlathak

nihlathak GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2008
    Netherlands
    Too bad, I only just got on the hype-train.

4. NeroAngelo

NeroAngelo Clueless Importer

Dec 31, 2003
    Libya
    good, let it bake longer, it looked like ass honestly (graphics-wise)

Deboog and T-hug like this.
  5. Zarxrax

Zarxrax GBAtemp Fan

Oct 5, 2005
    United States
    Didn't they just come out the other day and say it WASN'T delayed?

6. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    > Delays it to 2016
    > Makes another Kickstarter about some Ash game

What the fuck is going on? It's a side-scroller platform so why delay it as if it's some really big AAA game.

7. XrosBlader821

XrosBlader821 Digimon Tamer

Feb 1, 2014
    Gambia, The
    This game shouldn've been 2D sprite based imo. would probably require less time to make. I don't like the 2.5D aesthetic that much.

NeroAngelo likes this.
  8. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Meh...
    I can't be more disappointed anyway, so whatever.
    Every email I get from them regarding the project is BS, they lost me long ago.
    I suppose I will play it whenever they release, but I am not even following it anymore.

9. m_jay

m_jay Newbie

Newcomer
    May 24, 2015
    Switzerland
    this game is way too identical to megaman without any characteristics in my opinion...
    so better they can do a remake from the ground, which is less likely to happen though...

10. Verack

Verack GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2010
    United States
    I flat out stopped caring about this game, among others from Kickstarter. Granted, I never backed MN9, but I was still initially excited to see Megaman revived.

And then came the "surprise it looks nothing like the concept art".
    And then came the "tight budget so you don't get the Kirby gimmick".
    And then came the "give us more money for DLC despite already having 4 million".
    And then came the delays.
    And more delays.

I'm probably just a bitter person, but this single event has made me begin to hate Kickstarters that are solely fueled by "Look I'm some old guy that was related to that old game you liked! Give me money so that I can make a cheap knockoff!". I'd sooner support a Kickstarter that gave Capcom money to make a real Megaman.

11. Varia

Varia GBAtemp Fan

Nov 19, 2010
    Read the article, the game is done, all they're working on now is bug fixes.

12. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    It's still a while till September so they could polish out the bugs bit by bit than delaying the game to 2016.

I had the game on pre-order for the Wii U version but cancelled because I didn't like its gameplay, the character's design and its soundtrack (too bland and uninteresting).

13. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    Delays always suck, but I'd rather developers actually try to fix known bugs before release rather than just releasing it anyway, as seems to be the usual these days.

14. Osha

Osha Weh

Jun 19, 2012
    France
    And nothing of value was lost. This game is disappointments after disappointments, so whatever.

15. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    Are you kidding me? Again? Inb4 they need more money to release it in 2016, ffs.

shaunj66 and XrosBlader821 like this.
  16. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Are now just realizing it's a gigantic scam? They announced MN9, hyped everyone about it, then sold everyone on stupid "side products" to get more money.

Inafune is a gigantic hack and you shouldn't by anything he slaps his name on nowadays.

WiiCube_2013 and Skelletonike like this.
  17. bradzx

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    *groan* This is why I hate the most in the world is postpone the game. They don't know how to shut the mouth for right specific date release.

WiiCube_2013 likes this.
  18. osaka35

osaka35 Instrucional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    Eh, it's better it's having bugs worked out than releasing by a specific point. If it fails, i'd rather it fails being the best it can be, rather than a "Ahh, if only for the bugs".

I'll play it, enjoy it, then forget about it. I'm more excited about the redash that fell through. To be honest, it feels like that's what Inafune really wanted to build in the first place, and might no. 9 was a launching point to work out the kinks and get some experience.

You also got to keep in mind that being the head of a company is a far different job than his last job. I expect a lot of the problems comes from Inafune's inexperience with the responsibilities he has now. Course, I don't know much about Inafune's responsibilities when he was with capcom, but I'd imagine they were quite different than the ones he has now.

19. Serious_Heavy

Serious_Heavy GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2014
    France
    Noir York City
    I've seen this somewhere:
    "$3.8 million is not enough? They already got 427% more than their target strech goal. This second crowdfunding is a sign of greediness. Hideki Kamiya was right. Keiji Inafune is a businessman, not a creator."

That explains everything.

20. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    If I could go back in time to prevent myself from funding this, then I would. Then again, if I had such an ability, then this wouldn't be such a priority.