Mighty No 9 - 2nd Call Voting

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by jurassicplayer, Dec 20, 2013.

?

So who would you vote for?

1. Call E

27.5%
  2. Call F

50.7%
  3. Call H

21.7%
  1. jurassicplayer
    OP

jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
    So it's now the second Call voting for the final design of Call and it's the kickstarter backers only, but obviously you all went and backed it the first time I talked about the game right? SO NO WORRIES.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Unfortunately, I have no idea if the survey link is going to actually end up filtering non-backers (probably not), and so I'm not going to post it but instead tell you to check your email if you are a backer.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/699388

Anyways, to the main reason I'm posting, the my opinions that I substitute as yours on the Call designs. I'm sort of trying to keep in mind the background info about Call which pretty much consists of "Not made by same Dr. who creates main character, not as human-like, more robotic persona".

First off, I'm rejecting Call F, because really? Design-wise, she is probably closest to the main character, with the other two giving off a more realistic feel. I doubt side-character doc would be able to make a bot like the main doc, so having them too similar would be more to keeping an equal art design rather than sticking to the story, BUT both E and H seem to be more...errr....modern ._. (in which case, props to the doc because he obviously has better robot design). Not only that, but the only real reason I feel that Call F is cute is due to the ribbons...and DFC as well I guess...

Now for...Call H...since we might as well go according to chest size obviously. To be honest, I liked her design, even during the first voting (though in the end I voted Call E). Out of the three, she looks the most human IMO (probably because the face is drawn differently and follows more conventional anime...eyes have highlights and stuff) but I just really liked the Call E design. THIS time around though, with the colors in place...I literally saw it and was like "TT-TT she looks great". I really like how her colors aren't bright as day, though she also looks the youngest (disregarding the artwork differences and Ms. washboard). In terms of utility though...she looks like she would be kind of lacking. If one ponytail is 36% more charm, then two pigtails is 72% more charm...and also, detachable twintails, Chiyo-chan would be proud.

Finally Call E, the one with over-sized busts featured in all of her mugshots. As everyone says, she looks like a flight attendant (nothing really wrong with that, people should stop being so dumb ._.). She also looks like she doesn't have much utility (in terms of helping the main doc), but it's not like the others are any better (though the first round of Calls had some that looked pretty feature-packed). For the most part, I don't mind her coloring and it still looks decent, aside from her arms being metal pipes which kind of sucks. She kind of falls under "has a chest" and the expression collection is awesome...but nothing else really.

So it looks like I'm going to vote for Call H now (thanks to looking at my own post). Out of the three, she looks the most appealing to me in color than the other two.

2. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    I chose F because of the reason you gave for not choosing that one. She has a similar design as Beck, and therefore, fits in better with overall design. Not only that, but I looked at the feet/shoes of all 3, and I really don't like the stubs the other two have.

However, someone on the comments there mentioned "Put F on E's body", and I think that could fit too.

3. Thomas83Lin

Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    I voted for the one that I thought looked the cutest. F

4. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    I like the one that looks like Blossom.

Sakitoshi likes this.
  5. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    E by far zero question

6. SavvyTaco

SavvyTaco Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2011
    United States
    No.
    Call F is so damn KAWAII.

7. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    F and H look too much like past mega man and mega man x characters. If I was a backer I would vote for E

8. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    I like F. Looks Megaman-y. Reminds me a bit of Ciel actually.

9. Chiejina

Chiejina GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2011
    United States
    H reminds me of Astro Boy lol. I chose F.

10. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    If it was my decision...

But...

Not E because 1) I don't think the style quite fit. 2) She doesn't seem much like a fighting character.

Now I pick H, but I'm split between F and H.

H reminds me of Astro and Cyborg 009 and of course F looks like Roll.

11. DJ91990

DJ91990 Dark-Type Trainer

Feb 9, 2009
    United States
    Oakwood Region
    I pick F. F looks more like a playable character than the other two.

12. calmwaters

calmwaters Cat's best friend

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    F reminds me of anime... it's just... cool

13. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    I'm glad F is winning :D

Sakitoshi likes this.
  14. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    Maybe here, but I think both E and F are pretty close based on comments on the Kickstarter

15. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I can't believe people are picking E. smh

16. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    maybe someone could upload all the pics here and add a voting poll to see what Tempers think :P

17. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    E just seems like a character that's always in the background, whereas if I understand correctly, the Kickstarter pushed enough to have her with online co-op and special levels. That alone makes me choose F out of the 3 because that one looks to play the role.

KingVamp likes this.
  18. jurassicplayer
    OP

jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
    lolwut
    I can't tell if sarcasm or not. This thread has a poll and the pics are in the spoiler on the first post.

19. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    there wernt there when i first looked at the thread

20. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    What if all of these make me vaguely uncomfortable?

On that note, I've heard of "Call and response," but this is absolutely ridiculous.