The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Not sure if many already know this, but this was a huge timesaver for me. I recently had to buy a new HDD because the old one failed and had to install everything again.
For gaming the C++ redistributables are mandatory to run most games, and they all use different runtime years depending on the game. It's usually best to have all of them installed to avoid encountering any errors.

656f6ecc18.png

As you can see here I installed pretty much all of them, and they all installed within 2 minutes. It's basically a batch file that bulk installs all of these without you having to go through each individual installer.
I highly recommend it to anyone who doesn't have all of these or is formatting their PC. You can use it and tell it to remove all current C++ packages, and it will then install every C++ package there ever was.

Link: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/visual_c_runtime_installer.html

DirectX is also mandatory for playing various games, there's 4 in particular; 9, 10, 11, 11.2, and 12.
For anyone who needs, here's all of them as offline installers (direct links to download):

DirectX 9.0c
DirectX 10
DirectX 11.2
DirectX 12 - You need to update Windows 10, it comes with it.

And one more thing, check out Ninite. It's a website that allows you to create your own custom installer housing all sorts of useful programs you'd definitely need. The best part is you can keep the installer and run it anytime, and it updates all the programs it has in it, plus no installer windows.

05b24765a9.png

https://ninite.com/

I really should've thought of a different title initially haha, this is now pretty much anything I find useful and sort of a lifehack windows 10 thread.

Last edited by Jiehfeng,
Reactions: Hmed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really...