Microsoft: No New Console Coming Anytime Soon

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Raiser, Jan 12, 2010.

Jan 12, 2010
  1. Raiser
    OP

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    [​IMG]

Source

Looks like Microsoft expects additions like Natal to keep the 360 alive. Meh.

2. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    Of course they'd say that just so people won't stop buying the 360 and just wait for the new one.

3. Cermage

Member Cermage GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    designed for long life... rrod within 3 years?

4. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    That trolling right there.
    But I'm glad they aren't thinking about making another console. I just got mine [​IMG]

5. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    Well, I mean look at the PS3 and Xbox360. What other 'superior' console can they come out with now!? I mean we already at that scale with the graphics are 'movie-like' and the processing speed is breath-taking. Please people just wait till 2014 then we can all go like 'where's the next Sony/Mircosoft console?'

6. Theraima

Member Theraima I own this desert, bitches!

Finland
    Have to agree with .Radiant .. Designed for long life by having Rrod's? I would have to say that what he said is fail.

7. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Phew. Glad they aren't. Just finally got an Xbox 360 for Christmas after all these years. Was a bit worried I might get screwed this year because I could of just held off on the 360 and waited for the new system.

8. Zeroneo

Member Zeroneo GBAtemp Fan

Portugal
    I would like if they did a Portable one thou.

9. Brian117

United States
    Yeah true...they really do need to make a handheld to compete with the PSP and DS.

Portable Halo *drools*

10. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Brian!

Ah well i dont think microsoft played this one ever well.

11. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Derp. Looks uuuuuglllyyyy. Even though its a fake.

I wonder how they will begin to make a portable console?
    miniRROD anyone? [​IMG]

12. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    the whole thing needs to be redesigned from the ground up
    they threw it together at the last second to beat the competition to the starting gates

rrod?, heh who cares, we got more systems sales numbers from that

13. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    that was their plan from the beginning [​IMG]

14. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    Actually, you can have graphics 'better' then what it is now and have a better CPU.

Why don't they put the Intel Larrabee in it? Also, the current 360 only has 512 MB of memory. They could increase it to 2 GB or even 4 GB. Microsoft can also improve the controller. I'm not fond of it. And..maybe the next Xbox will have 'Virtual Reality' games somewhat like 'The Matrix'.

[​IMG]

15. DJ91990

Member DJ91990 Dark-Type Trainer

United States
    Are you saying that if I get Natal I will get the scared 3 Blue Rings of Life and my Xbox will have auto-repairing A.I. so it never breaks even if I never turn the unit off!? AWESOME!!

Oh, wait...you where talking about shelf life...well the good part is that the system is now APRX $100 less expansive than it used to be! Too bad the games for it are (Latest Release = $60.00USD, Old Releases $50.00 Very Old $10~$15)that much money.

I knew that Natal was going to expand the system, I mean, we don't exactly have any new Graphical Achievements. When the Xbox 360 came out they even said that you would need to purchase a separate HD Cable and buy an HD TV to be able to tell the difference from an Xbox and Xbox 360 game.

All three gaming cos. are doing the same thing, The DS is beyond it's lifespan and the same goes for the PSP. Solution? PSP GO and DSi/DSiXL. The gaming industry has just become like APPLE where you can buy something now and a month later you will need to buy something else to play current games.

Wii's Expansion for a few years is that damnable Wii Motion Plus. Now we have these stupid Motion Plus games;

Wii Fit Plus, The Next Zelda Game for Wii is going to use Motion Plus. Screw that sound.

Don't even get me started on the PS3, their expansion; "Let's make a Wii-Remote for the PS3! It's called the PS3 Dildo!" It looks like something out of a Frankenstein movie!

At least Microsoft had the BALLS to go beyond motion capture and add voice recognition and object scanning features! (I.E. the skating game tech demo where the boy scans the texture on his skateboard and adds it in the game.) They say that Fable III may use NATAL!

You ever wonder why the Xbox 360's Arcade system dropped $100USD in price?
    Because NATAL is gonna set you back $100USD! So to have a "Complete Xbox 360" you will need to still spend $200USD! Oh, and if you use "Wired Controllers" then you better start buying Wireless as Natal uses one of the three USB Slots.

@Revolutionize; They say NATAL is the closest thing in VR. I mean, you are LITERALLY inserting yourself in the game!

16. Seek01

Newcomer Seek01 Member

United States
    Trying to extend a console's lifespan with peripherals does sound like a good business move. Well it does, but it is a big kick in the balls to everyone who buys it

17. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Kinda a bad move. All the spotlight has been on the PS3 lately, and the Wii is having a huge year this year. Xbox already seemed to shoot out it's big titles, and most of the biggies are also multi-platform ones for, guess it, the PS3.

18. Brian117

United States
    Derek!

Yeah I agree. No need for a console. Get a handheld into the Microsoft family.

19. Raki

Member Raki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    well for me at least most of the PS3 exclusive games sucked and many multiplatform games were running better on the xbox...well let's see how natal will be used in games...If it's just used as wii casual crap...forget it...if not take a look at it

20. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    i dont see it as a bad thing actually cuz what do u need to increase?
    graphics? they're pretty good for this age and most games have not made the most of it
    gameplay variety? it offers a lot of things to fiddle with...

besides, the PS3 is (if not equal) almost equal to the xbox since most companies will make dual console games (ie PS3 and Xbox) thus i dont see a need to create a console which the market nor the game developers will be able to work upon well as there is still alot remaining in it

i think its just cuz its microsoft hence ppl feel this might good bad

PS - I am in no way a total Xbox fan (dont even bother with the emulator) but a Sony-PS fan