Gaming Microsoft being Microsoft

Deleted member 677536

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I Recently found my copy of "Minecraft: Xbox One Edition" and wanted to relive some nostalgia from when I was really little.

I opened the game, and it suprisingly still worked! I do the tutorial again, cried, then moved on to minigames. I thought, hm, maybe there are people that still play this! I try to start a glide match, and its now blocked by a stupid Gamepass paywall.

I knew it was going to happen eventually.
Im now going to pout as I mess with the superflat settings.

dudeguy2022

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. I've easily spent hundreds of dollars on games for my Xbox that I can't play anymore because I can't afford game pass

RaptorDMG

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I Recently found my copy of "Minecraft: Xbox One Edition" and wanted to relive some nostalgia from when I was really little.

I opened the game, and it suprisingly still worked! I do the tutorial again, cried, then moved on to minigames. I thought, hm, maybe there are people that still play this! I try to start a glide match, and its now blocked by a stupid Gamepass paywall.

I knew it was going to happen eventually.
Im now going to pout as I mess with the superflat settings.
Online play was always behind a paywall on xbox, all that's changed is they renamed Xbox Live Gold to Gamepass Core

Reactions: BigOnYa

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait a minute you're saying you put in a disc that you bought and then were prevented from playing further because you didn't have gamepass? Lol glad i abandoned Xbox in the middle of Xbox One era.
Post automatically merged:

Online play was always behind a paywall on xbox, all that's changed is they renamed Xbox Live Gold to Gamepass Core

Ah now it makes more sense. At least on PC I still have free online gaming.

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait a minute you're saying you put in a disc that you bought and then were prevented from playing further because you didn't have gamepass? Lol glad i abandoned Xbox in the middle of Xbox One era.
no, they were blocked from playing online because they don't have "gold", the physical version is still fully functional and the minigames still load* fine if you have a sub, xbox has always had a paywall for multiplayer
*given you can find a lobby to play since basically everyone has the game digitally which would've been auto converted into bedrock edition

the xbox one is so slow, clunky and awful that in the time it took me to write this and verify what i had written was true, i got ninja'd twice, nice
8L5ydW1.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1