MicroSD Slot

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Jaden., Jul 15, 2011.

Jul 15, 2011

MicroSD Slot by Jaden. at 7:14 PM (885 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Jaden.
    OP

Member Jaden. GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    Well, i've put a MicroSD on my 3DS MicroSD slot, however the SD card "magically" fucked up inside the slot. I had to take it out, but it seems that it broke something from the SD Reader of the 3DS. It's like it can check if it's protected or not and if is a SD Inside, but it can't read it.

Is there anyway to fix without sending it to Nintendo? I live in Argentina, would be hard to send it to Europe. What i've heard i can disconnect the Reader from the 3DS Board and put another, but i don't know if this is true. If it is, i could put a DSi SD Reader?

Or... Any Nintendo service in Argentina that would help me to fix this? :s

Thanks!= )

2. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    [​IMG] I don't quite understand what you're saying.

Were you using a Micro SD card in a SD adapter to work on your 3DS? You know it's spring loaded, right? How did you break it?

If you have your receipt (which you SHOULD) try to see if your store's able to replace it for you. OTHERWISE off to Nintendo you go.

3. Jaden.
    OP

Argentina
    Well, sorry i wrote that very fast. =S

No, i meant you see the card that comes on the 3DS? (Blue one) Well that SD Card broke (Don't know how, seriously) inside the 3DS. Basically i took it out, but seems that it broke something inside the 3DS SD Reader (I meant the thing that reads the MicroSD inside the 3DS), it can check if the SD is protected and if there's a SD Inside but it can't read it's contents.

Yeah, but i'll have to send the 3DS to Spain :/ Seems like in Argentina, there's no Nintendo. =O

I heard that you can remove that 3DS SD Reader (I meant the thing that reads the MicroSD inside the 3DS) just disconnecting it from the 3DS Board and replace it. It's that true?

4. roastable

Member roastable GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    The 3DS supports MicroSDs?
    I thought it was just normal SD...

5. Jaden.
    OP

Argentina
    Normal SD? Big ones? I meant those ones.

6. Pippin666

Member Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    get a warranty replacement. Just tell Nintendo that the Sd slot simply stopped working. If they ask you if you touched or removed it, the answer is no and Nintendo will replace it. They will transfert the data.

Pip'

7. MushGuy

Member MushGuy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Why send it to Spain, when you can send it to USA? Also, it's normal SD.

8. Jaden.
    OP

Argentina
    Yea but seems that it broke inside. Not it just stopped working. (I didn't dissasemble the 3DS)