microsd - randomly write protected?????

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by jaderocc, Feb 5, 2017.

1. jaderocc
    OP

jaderocc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    whatup yall. i was in the middle of unchecking event flags for oras in pkhex about 15 minutes ago. i got finished and went to export the main, when it tells me i can't write to the location, my microsd card. this has happened twice before this, both times i copied the contents of the sd card to a separate location, formatted the sd card and replaced the files, then basically would have to reinstall and rebuild my whole 3ds. is there any way i can avoid the 3-4 hour long process of backing up, formatting, replacing and rebuilding the entire sd card? i'm trying the method described https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...ther-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/page-16 <-there, but i figured i would ask here in case there was a way to fix this write protection that the pc is telling me is there, or something else i could do instead??

2. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    Either you're using an SD card adapter that has a switch on it's side and you accidentally turned it on, or the microSD card is failing. There might be some other reason too but from what I know and what a quick google search suggests is that the card is on the end of it's life. I would recommend to try with another microSD card for a while if you have any spares and see if the problem disappears or just go buy a new one altogether.

jaderocc likes this.
  3. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    Either adapter failure or the microSD is about to say goodbye. I would recommend you back it up and transfer the data to a new microSD.

jaderocc likes this.
  4. jaderocc
    OP

jaderocc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    thanks yall - unfortunate, but glad i caught it before it's caused permanent damage. :^)