Hacking MicroSD card Speed for CIA?

Disco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So, I see that on my class 4 microSD, installing CIA games, takes waaay too long.
Will I benefit from speedier microSD?
I was looking at some ordinary class 10 cards, and also at Sandisk Extreme (400x) model.
So my question is, does the almost twice the cost of Extreme show better performance in 3DS, or is it only for UHD cameras and that kind of stuff?

So it's like 10-14 mb/s write speed VS 40+ mb/s if 3DS can take advatage of those speeds...

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
AFAIK the UHS standard is can't be used at its full potential by the 3DS. You should just go for a regular Class 10 one

Tomsquik Chill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
A regular Sandisk Ultra class 10 worked fine for me. Have been used Extreme before but don't show any noticeable performance at all.

I can only use with sd card adapter to install .cia to my regular 3ds only, cause my n3ds still waiting for gw release.

arapozo

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it also has to do with the fact that it is reading and writing in the same card at the same time.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always buy MicroSD's at Class 10 minimum but I usually get at least UHS1 in case I decide to reuse the MicroSD in something else later.
I am glad that I have stuck to MicroSD's with SD Card adapters as the one rule for SD Cards (You can always go bigger but you cannot go smaller) saved me a good chuck on Money now that the New 3DS uses them.
Others got to spend money on a MicroSD to replace their fullsize SD Card:hateit:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.