Micro SD USB cant be formatted

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Miltix, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Miltix
    OP

Miltix Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2012
    Hi I'm having this problem with my computer unable to format my USB. It worked fine yesterday and I can still play and save my games fine right now but I can't add any games anymore since my computer can't format my USB. What should I do?

2. zarabow
    This message by zarabow has been removed from public view by Costello, Jun 19, 2013.
    Nov 9, 2012
  3. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    why do you need to format it to add games? is it corrupted?

-another world

4. Miltix
    OP

Miltix Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2012
    I can't open my USB with my computer so I can't add or remove games anymore. I'm not sure if it's corrupted or not since I can still play and save my games normally.

5. Another World

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    do other things work in that usb plug? like say a usb mouse or a thumb drive? if yes, then the issue is probably your msd reader. does the reader get hot to the touch when in use?

-another world

6. Miltix
    OP

Miltix Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2012
    Yes. Other stuff like usb keyboards and mouses work on the plug. And it does get a little bit warm after use.

7. Another World

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    a little warm can be normal, but if the metal part that plugs into the pc is noticeably hot then that is a sure sign that the reader should be replaced. either way, you need to try a second reader before attempting to format the card. it is the only way to really test if the issue is with the reader or the msd card.