emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DS roms range from 8mb to 512mb though if memory serves correct the biggest game to hit western shores have been 256mb. To you want to make extra space than use a rom trimmer which cuts out the dummy data in roms. I'd suggest tinytrimmer or ndstokyotrim. But in all honesty I find 2GB plenty. I use a 2GB in my AK2 and I struggle to fill up halfway. Just play,beat and delete.

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok thanks
smile.gif

2gb is fine for me as i can swap roms anytime but im setting one up for someone else who is unable to change roms whenever they want so i was planning on getting as many as possible on at once. lucky i asked here before buying a 32gb card! lol

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
dammit. already ordered 2 r4 cards! whats the SDHC limit? maybe i'll just give the spare r4 card to someone else!

on another note, has anyone had experience with both the orriginal ds and the ds lite?

i had a ds lite years ago and remember not liking the button layout, it hurt to keep my fingers bent so tightly (im a big guy with big hands!)

im thinking bout saving money and getting an original phat ds...is this going to be more comfortable for me? is there any reason i should avoid a phat? i dont mind lugging it round and not looking stylish

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
Chrono Trigger
Mario Kart DS
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
New Super Mario Bros.

am i gonna fit all these on 2gb card? what other awesome games am i missing or which could i drop?

ha....jus found theyre less than 600mb
smile.gif

tiggerlator

Trophies
XP
Country
Have a look at monster tale, ff xii revenant wings, too.

You might also consider a dsi, i think its a bit bigger than the dslite.

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks, will check them out now

lookied into dsi/dsi xl but i dont need the added functions and cant afford one, esp when the originals are so cheap...got one for £10, its def more comfortable to hold as i dont have to scrunch up my fingers so much for the buttons

BloodWolfJW

Marotheit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything that isn't 4GB or SDHC, so your limit is 2GB. Your average rom is about 40 MB my estimate is around 40 games (taking in that some are bigger, some are smaller. There a nice card for the price, and still somewhat supported
smile.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
mrpinkeye said:
whats the difference between Kernel and wood? what do i need to get when the card arrives?

the kernel refers to the "operating system" which runs homebrew and roms. wood is the kernel. if you card supports wood then you want the most recent version, v1.35. just check filetrip.

you mentioned that you are buying "an r4 card" what r4 card are you buying? not all of the r4 "clones" support the wood firmware, some can support greater than 2gb micro sd cards, etc.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...