pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello community,

I just finished the Demo version of monster hunter stories which I installed as EUR cia. Now i want to transfer that save to the full version of the game but sadly the game doesn't load the demo save. I tried to delete and reinstall the fullversion but it still doesn't detect the save of my demo. Someone have any tips to fix that? :/

Thanks in advance!

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello community,

I just finished the Demo version of monster hunter stories which I installed as EUR cia. Now i want to transfer that save to the full version of the game but sadly the game doesn't load the demo save. I tried to delete and reinstall the fullversion but it still doesn't detect the save of my demo. Someone have any tips to fix that? :/

Thanks in advance!

full game is same region? EUR?

Reactions: pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Is your console EUR? If it isn't, maybe use jksm to transfer the save to both of the US versions instead
My console is EUR, the demo is EUR and the full version of the game is EUR. I think the problem is that I installed the full version before the demo and started it. Now I tried much with jksm and savedatafiler since you can't backup the extdata from the demo with jksm. The interesting part is that both save files get stored at the same location in savedatafiler(01BC6). So if you delete that data with savefiler both saves are gone (full version save and demo save). I hoped that I maybe could delete only the save from the full version and maybe it would detect that I already have a save file from the demo version. But since I cant do that im screwed...

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My console is EUR, the demo is EUR and the full version of the game is EUR. I think the problem is that I installed the full version before the demo and started it. Now I tried much with jksm and savedatafiler since you can't backup the extdata from the demo with jksm. The interesting part is that both save files get stored at the same location in savedatafiler(01BC6). So if you delete that data with savefiler both saves are gone (full version save and demo save). I hoped that I maybe could delete only the save from the full version and maybe it would detect that I already have a save file from the demo version. But since I cant do that im screwed...
At home I have an extdata dumper tool that dumps and decrypts all of your extdata and puts it on the sd card. If you can find it online it's just called extdata_dump. Maybe it could help you manually dump and import the demo save?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
At home I have an extdata dumper tool that dumps and decrypts all of your extdata and puts it on the sd card. If you can find it online it's just called extdata_dump. Maybe it could help you manually dump and import the demo save?
Cant find a download :/. The solution would be:
1) Dump only the demo version save (which is hard since the full version and the demo version save under the same ID). After delete both saves and import only the demo save. Now the game would detect.
or
2) Delete only the full version save.

But idk how to do that.

Reactions: Giodude

JarosRomody

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I managed to solve the problem :) Thanks anyway
Hey there! Would you mind explaining me how you solved the issue? I'm currently facing the same problem and don't want to replay my ~20 hours from the demo; knowing I just should be able to continue in the main game (I bought the physical version, game card EU, demo EU, 2ds EU.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hey there! Would you mind explaining me how you solved the issue? I'm currently facing the same problem and don't want to replay my ~20 hours from the demo; knowing I just should be able to continue in the main game (I bought the physical version, game card EU, demo EU, 2ds EU.
I really would like to help you, but I can't remember how I solved the issue anymore. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: