MGS4 won't play

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by codezer0, Jan 25, 2011.

Jan 25, 2011

MGS4 won't play by codezer0 at 5:08 AM (1,164 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. codezer0
    OP

Member codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

United States
    In short and kind...

running 3.41 still, jailbreak, and preferably, with the game ripped to the hard disk via backup manager.

After finishing the hellish Act 3 and its absurd timings, now ready to go into Act 4. But when I start, the game just seemingly crashes back to the XMB.

Even installed Rogero's manager instead, but seems to have the same problem. Is there some kinda patch I should do? or should I just copy the save so someone could pass me a save that gets me past it? [​IMG] [​IMG]

What sucks is that even when I played off the actual disc instead, it still won't let me play through it.

Update:

After trying, the game won't even start from the actual disc, even in non-jailbroken mode. It just basically sits there, at the "now loading..." portion of the screen, doing nothing. [​IMG]

2. synce

Member synce だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん

United States
  3. codezer0
    OP

United States
    I've tried that, twice, already. Now even with patch mode enabled on the ripped version, it refuses to even load the game anymore. [​IMG]

4. synce

Member synce だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん

United States
    Did you try those saves in the thread I linked? There may be other solutions in there, I didn't really go through every page..

5. codezer0
    OP

United States
    Currently trying to do a run on Big Boss Hard, and going for the Fox Hound Emblem, and at least... to get a fast enough time to know if I can do a proper BBE run.

The saves there would not have helped me.

I really, really, really don't want to have to replay the whole damn game after all that crap.

6. Sotoro

Member Sotoro GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Mhh strange that its not even working in normal disc mode,maybe the disc itself is damaged.

7. Sotoro

Member Sotoro GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Ok the problem is that a ps1 emulator is starting in act4 to show some stuff of MGS1 and this is crashing the jailbreak device.
    Can anyone confirm, that it's possible to start act4 and the MGS1 part with kmeaw and MultiMan?