Hacking Metroid Prime Trilogy Sound Issue

john1578

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In Metroid Prime Trilogy, when I start playing Metroid Prime (the first one), there should be, as far as I know, a narrator speaking at the beginning cutscene, but there are just game music and sound FX taking place. What could be causing this problem, and how can I fix it?

I:
1) have dowloaded the .wbfs file from Vimm's Lair;
2) have used WiiBackupManager_Win64 to "divide" the game into two partitions so that the game would fit in my fat32 USB drive (something weird I noticed is one of the two partitions is really large: 3.999GB, which could interfere maybe?);
3) am using USB Loader GX 3.0 r1272;
4) have cIOS 249, base 56, v10 beta52 d2x-v10-beta52, rev 65535 running (it also worked the same way with cIOS 252, base 56, d2x v6, rev21, which was suggested in the "USB Game Compatibility Table") and
5) have selected "auto" in the "Block IOS Reload" option.

If someone does NOT have this audio issue I do, I ask you to please tell me your game settings or whatever may help in my case.

john1578

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Solved. I discovered the narrator at the beginning cutscene is a PAL feature, and it turns out I played the Metroid Prime Trilogy PAL version back in the day, so now that I'm playing an NTSC-U version, things are a bit different. It took a while for me to even consider that it was a region difference, but hey, at least it's solved now.

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.