Metroid Prime 3 (Usb loader) issue

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by WhiteWingedKnigh, May 2, 2009.

1. WhiteWingedKnigh
    OP

WhiteWingedKnigh GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2008
    United States
    Ummm.....
    Hi guys, its been a while since I've been here, but I got myself up to date and such with the USB loader.

Which is pretty amazing, games load better faster.

But Metroid prime 3 isn't working for me, it keeps asking to insert the game disc everytime I try and start the game.

Other games work fine. Except for MP3... Any reason why?

Also, Anyone know where i can find USB Loader channels?

2. RNueslein

RNueslein Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    MP3 will work if you put a disk in the drive. It can be any disk.

3. megahunter

megahunter Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2008
    sweden
    insert just any dvd disc and i t should work, smae thing for deadly creatures

4. WhiteWingedKnigh
    OP

WhiteWingedKnigh GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2008
    United States
    Ummm.....
    But isn't the point of the USB loader not to use discs really?

That kinda defeats the purpose.

And you know where I can find USB loader channels?

5. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    Of course that's the point. But all you have to do is put in a disc and you won't have to worry about it ever again. Since I like to play Melee and F-Zero GX I keep one of those two discs in there at all times and I can use the USB Loader without worry.

6. kevenz

kevenz GBAtemp Regular

Oct 20, 2008
    Canada
    let wii sport in your drive and you will be able to play MP3 perfectly.

that's what I do.

7. Sportsmaniac1322

Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 26, 2008
    United States
    Forman's Basement
    It's just a one time thing. Put a disc in the drive and you'll never have to worry about changing it again. Like said before, it can be anything. On a side note, Metroid will actually play better off the USB loader. The door lag is completely gone with it [​IMG].

8. r3dcat

r3dcat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2009
    I can confirm that installing the new Waninkoko Custom IOS38 rev14 fixes this problem!

I had cIOS36 rev10 installed previously and using Configurable USB Loader v37 ... Whenever I tried starting Metroid Prime 3 Corruption I kept getting a "Please insert disk" error/msg ... I have read that this is only a problem with the PAL version of the game and that inserting any disk into the Wii will start and allow you to play the game ... I was pleasantly surprised though to see that cIOS38 rev14 has fixed this error and the game starts and plays without any problem!

Also as a side note I noticed that previously on cIOS36 rev10 and Configurable USB Loader v37 I had to set the "002 error" fix in Configurable USB Loader for Ghostbusters to play ... after installing cIOS38 rev14 I took the "002 error" fix off and I can confirm that Ghostbusters now runs on cIOS38 rev14 without the need of "002 error" fix setting on your USB Loader!

9. bert02

bert02 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2009
    i seem to have a problem with mp3
    i ripped it to my hard drive through configurable loader v50 and i click new game and the screen just goes black and freezes
    running cios38rev15
    firmware 3.1

edit
    also tried hermies cios222 and i got further to the actual play game and it froze but then tried it again and it appears to be working