Gaming Metroid Prime 3 friend code topic!

• Thread starter armand66
  • Start date
  • Views 18,656
  • Replies 139
A

armand66

OP
I sent 2 vouchers your way Hooy, hopefully you can send 2 back my way....hint....hint....lol

Ways to get friend vouchers i know of atm

Save Trooper On Hull early game
100 kills
200 kills
300 kills
400 kills
500 kills
600 kills
700 kills
800 kills
900 kills
1000 kills
discover new area
discover new path
robot bowling

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I sent 2 vouchers your way Hooy, hopefully you can send 2 back my way....hint....hint....lol

100 kills
200 kills
300 kills
400 kills
500 kills
600 kills
700 kills
800 kills
900 kills
1000 kills
discover new area
discover new path
robot bowling

Cool, I had already sent you one voucher, so I'll send you another. I wasn't sure exactly what I was doing. I had 4 total at the time. I saved the trooper and have 400 kills now.

Thanks for the information man. I hope that there's some way to trade loads of friend vouchers relatively quickly like trading notes on FFIII on the DS, otherwise there's going to be a lot of content missing from my game.

A

armand66

OP
Yeh i know what you mean man, and i'm a bit of a completist, i NEED everything i can unlock lol.

I'll see how i go by the end of my first run of MP3, which is on the easy difficulty mind you lol, (i missed the hull dude damnit lol) but guessing you get more for beating bosses again on higher difficulties.

So far out of the "good stuff" ive unlocked the bumper stickers, the bobble head and the screenshot taker, as well as the intro music and 2 picture packs.

Long way to go unlocking more stuff though lol.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Easy? tut tut expected better from you sir! lol j/k how is it m8? Is it as big a wow as when when Prime 1 first hit?
I nearly ordered a Wii premodded with Wii Boss from gamefreax.com just to play this man but thought I'd hold out and learn a bit more about the chip first.

A

armand66

OP
Easy? tut tut expected better from you sir! lol j/k how is it m8? Is it as big a wow as when when Prime 1 first hit?
I nearly ordered a Wii premodded with Wii Boss from gamefreax.com just to play this man but thought I'd hold out and learn a bit more about the chip first.

Heya mate,

well, i finished Prime 1 again last week, and got Halfway through Prime 2 in preparation man (still love them, and yearly plays of most metroid games are the norm as you know lol:P) and man, MP3 has blown me away.

Last week dude, i finished Bioshock in about 15 hours, and as said above, i had lots of WOW, OMG moments, as its a fricking great game, looks beautiufl, great atmosphere etc. BUT, if i had to own one, i'd take MP3. For Metroid fans, this is just an absolute spectacle dude, and my god, i'd be having a heart attack if i had to wait till October 16 to play it lol.

The art, music, enemies, boss design are crazy stuff, but most importantly, the controls are so damn perfect, i can see speed runs for this game are gonna be damn competitive.

Every room in the game has some crazy lighting effects going on, a million things to scan, its nuts.

At first, it starts off pretty linear, but opens out in a traditional Metroid way after an hour or more. I turned off the help system, as i did with the old Metroid Primes man, but yeh, i started on NORMAL difficulty, figured what the hell, i'll be going through each one anyways lol.

Oh also man, theres a point in the game, IGN reported, that is LORE stating that the "Metroid Dread" project is almost complete, and apparently, thats a rumoured 2D Metroid for DS!!!

After the poor MPH, a good 2D metroid on DS would really hit the spot bud.

Now go buy another wii.....now!

gEist

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

100 kills
200 kills
300 kills
400 kills
500 kills
600 kills
700 kills
800 kills
900 kills
1000 kills
discover new area
discover new path
robot bowling

u will also get one, when u arrive on the last terrain in bryyo, when u destroyed the shield.( The Last Boss of Bryyo).
The Room where ure ships lands, there are about ~50 little bugs... kill all and u will get another.

thovader

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow, this screenshot tool is really kicking ass
smile.gif
!
Just stupid that you can't really manage them properly
frown.gif

Nintendo really topped itself with this piece of art... I just love MP3!!!
Even worse for all those ordinary PAL guys who have to wait until October (black flag for you guys).

Lunna85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Added you Thovader, and you as well Hooya:)

Great thing is, it records who sent you vouchers, and who you've sent them to.

Soon as you guys add me, or it comes up as you've added me in Prime 3, i'll send a voucher your way.

(Oh, and the screenshot tool is sick, as is the bumper stickers and the bobble head in the ship is awesome)

Thanks, just sent you and Lunna85 a voucher.

So the Screenshot Tool is useless? Shame because I saved my credits for this
frown.gif
thx, I will send back to you as soon I get time to play. I have already sent one to topic starter and to gEist if I remember correctly.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if the people that aren't showing up as having MP3 save data are the ones from PAL regions that did the unplug trick to keep from updating their Wii. The game runs, but the update probably connected the MP3 save data with the friends codes so they could do the online things directly. Know what I mean? So since they didn't actually update their Wii their friends codes aren't interacting with MP3. I worry about these folks in the long run because their Wii might not update properly when the game comes out for them in their region. They might have broken this functionality in their console completely. Might have.

That's my theory.

thovader

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry to interrupt your thought but I got another question about the unlockable bonus items in MP3.
Does anybody know what those Diorama items are?
Are they worth it or should I rather invest in this sticker or in this Mii head thing?

Libo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A diorama is a 3D image that you can rotate around, the first one is a shot of Samus against Meta-Ridley. Nothing worth investing in, but to each his own.

A

armand66

OP
I wonder if the people that aren't showing up as having MP3 save data are the ones from PAL regions that did the unplug trick to keep from updating their Wii. The game runs, but the update probably connected the MP3 save data with the friends codes so they could do the online things directly. Know what I mean? So since they didn't actually update their Wii their friends codes aren't interacting with MP3. I worry about these folks in the long run because their Wii might not update properly when the game comes out for them in their region. They might have broken this functionality in their console completely. Might have.

That's my theory.

LOL no need to worry dude, i'm from Australia, running a PAL system and the update had NOTHING to do with the friend voucher thing. I have sent out at least 15 vouchers so far, can see everyone online and everyone online has been able to send to me no issues whatsoever.

YES i did the power-off trick, so, no, the update doesn't support your theory at all.

Sometimes, you gotta reset your system before Wiiconnect 24 will recognize a friend code, other times it can just be slow as snails.

Added you as well Liba.

So far, i've sent:

4 to Geist, 4 received.
3 to Deuf, 3 received.
1 to tzms, 1 received.
0 to Lunna, 0 received. (strange, said he sent one, hmmm, and hes greyed out)
1 to Gaza, 2 received. (owe you one gaza, going to go play now as i've run out, lol)
2 thozader, 2 received.
2 to Hooya, 1 received
tongue.gif

2 to my brother, 0 received lol.

gEist

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So far, i've sent:

4 to Geist, 4 received.
3 to Deuf, 3 received.
1 to tzms, 1 received.
1 to Gaza, 2 received. (owe you one gaza, going to go play now as i've run out, lol)
2 thozader, 2 received.
2 to Hooya, 1 received
tongue.gif

haha nice list :]

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if the people that aren't showing up as having MP3 save data are the ones from PAL regions that did the unplug trick to keep from updating their Wii. The game runs, but the update probably connected the MP3 save data with the friends codes so they could do the online things directly. Know what I mean? So since they didn't actually update their Wii their friends codes aren't interacting with MP3. I worry about these folks in the long run because their Wii might not update properly when the game comes out for them in their region. They might have broken this functionality in their console completely. Might have.

That's my theory.

LOL no need to worry dude, i'm from Australia, running a PAL system and the update had NOTHING to do with the friend voucher thing. I have sent out at least 15 vouchers so far, can see everyone online and everyone online has been able to send to me no issues whatsoever.

YES i did the power-off trick, so, no, the update doesn't support your theory at all.

Sometimes, you gotta reset your system before Wiiconnect 24 will recognize a friend code, other times it can just be slow as snails.

Added you as well Liba.

So far, i've sent:

4 to Geist, 4 received.
3 to Deuf, 3 received.
1 to tzms, 1 received.
2 thozader, 2 received.
2 to Hooya, 1 received
tongue.gif

hmm.... ok, the theory is wrong.

Don't be mad at me for not having sent you a second friend voucher! I haven't played the game since you sent me your two!

A

armand66

OP
LOL don't be silly dude, it can be hard to find time to play.

I keep wanting to get right into it, but work, girlfriend, hockey commitments keep making it hard to get through the game lol.

I personally believe the update was a dummy/ghost update. Basically a check of settings and if they weren't found to be ntsc, new settings were added to the system.

I personally didn't want the duplicate channels and went forward with the power off trick, but have found no side effects yet at all.

Even did the BOOGIE PAL update since and works fine too.

Have tested everything from gcos cube games, to mario strikers and Madden NTSC online, all work sweet.

I've ran out of vouchers atm in MP3 lol, sigh, and i maxed the 1000 kills thing ages ago, so now i'm waiting on basically new areas and random findings to get more vouchers to send out, hehe.

gEist

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, i think the Update of Metroid isn't a normal Update.
I think without the Update you couldn't make ingame Screenshots and these are placed on the Pinboard.
And also the "sticker" on the Ship.
Metroid will check the other Savegames, to create the Sticker.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: shit like goku mui and beerus and other dbs stuff lmao