OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi there, guys.
yaywii.gif

I've downloaded a Metroid Other M .iso and burned on a dual layer (unfortunately I don't have any USB device of 8gb
cry.gif
). Then my Wii wouldn't read it. On disc channel I got "the disc can't be read", and on Neogamma I got 3 random errors (1328 and two other ones I can't remember). So I deleted my .iso and threw the DVD through the window
ohnoes.png

Then I downloaded another .iso from another place, and used layer break this time (yeah, that was probably the problem
wtf.gif
). I updated my cIOS to rev 20b and the system menu to 4.3 from Waninkoko. The disc channel still asked for system update, so I used the Neogamma... and got the error 1328, while the disc seemed to be doing a strange noise every few seconds.
hate2.gif

Something similar happened to the last Dual Layer game I tried: SSBB. There was no Neogamma at that time, so I had only the disc channel (and I have an unknown modchip until today, and I used Trucha to remove the 001). The screen just went green. So I had to use Trucha to turn the game into 4gb to use a normal DVD and it worked.
dry.gif

So, I'm wondering... is it that my Wii can't read Dual Layers (it's a LU52)? Or is it that the unknown modchip is causing problems? Should I really try to persuade my parents into buying a 8gb flash drive (here in Brazil, every electronic is expensive as hell
mad.gif
), or it wouldn't work even that way?

I hope you guys can help me out. Thanks.
mthrnitesmiley.gif

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some Wii's just have a tough time with reading recordable dual-layer memory. You can try many things, but there is no way to know if any will work beforehand
  • Make sure you are using well known quality media like Verbatim brand.
  • Try cleaning your Wii Drive's lens with a disc lens cleaner, it may just be dirty.
  • Check to see if your modchip has an update.
  • There is a potentiometer you can tweak in the Wii to increase the laser strength as it is often too weak to read recordable DL media. Got to take apart your Wii for this one.
  • Wait for the planets to align....
Sorry dude, I had the same problem and had to open up my Wii and adjust the pot, the worst case scenario in my opinion as a small mistake, like overtweaking the value can burn out your laser. It did work out for me, but if you can, invest in a USB HDD and use a USB loader.

-[]D

Litrydow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for the help, sir. I'll really have to buy that HDD or at least a flash drive, 'cause all other games work fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.