Metroid dread

CrimzonEyed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Why did this taste little bastard never make it?
I tryed Spider-man shattered Dimensions and was starting to think if a metroid 2d would be kinda like that. or the castlevania series, looks awsome, nice gamplay. Imagine a 2d metroid for the ds with the grafic from Portrait of ruin or Shattered dimension? I myself think it would be awsome... i want a metroid 2d platformer for DS NOW :/ but i think it never will happend with the 3DS so close to release.

D

Deleted_171835

Why do you wish Metroid Dread made it to release?
We haven't seen a single image or gameplay video. We don't know how the game plays. The only thing we know about it is that it's a goddamn 2D Metroid. It could feature Ridley as the main character for all I know. Just say 2D Metroid.

I do want a 2D Metroid but it makes more sense to release it on the 3DS considering the 3DS is going to be released '10/'11.

CrimzonEyed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The thing thats bothering my is, They were working on it but suddenly droped the project for some reason :/

CrimzonEyed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
On February 17, 2006, the British Official Nintendo Magazine included Metroid Dread in their "Official Release Dates", listed under November 2006 as 'to be confirmed'. However, on March 16, 2006, in the second issue of the magazine, the game was marked with a vague 2006 release date, although ONM highlighted the ambiguity surrounding the game, and suggested to wait until E3 2006 for concrete information.
On October 7, 2005, the Nintendo-Next website reported that the game was cancelled though did not give its sources. However, on March 23, 2006, the website N-Sider reported that IGN editor Craig Harris was asked about Metroid Dread, and his response was that it was too early to show at E3 in 2005, but that it could be shown later that year. This shows a possibility that Metroid Dread had not been cancelled, and the cancellation could have been reported falsely by Nintendo-Next. [3]
The game failed to make an appearance at E3 2006 and no information was released on the status of the game for the rest of the year and into 2007.
More info here: http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Metroid_Dread

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ StealthD0g99: I think we as a society should take the Cave Johnson approach to scientific studies