Lucky Dearly

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, having an issue applying a Randovania seed onto my switch for Metroid Dread, I use simplemodmanager to apply the mod but the game crashes with a fatal error.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: impeeza

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I install this for switch hardware?
I went to their Discord channel linked on their web site and it appears they are running rdv and then ftp‘ing the romfs files over and then using SimpleModManager once on the Switch.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I went to their Discord channel linked on their web site and it appears they are running rdv and then ftp‘ing the romfs files over and then using SimpleModManager once on the Switch.
SimpleModManager is currently broken it seems. And how you aquire the romfs files. the links you linked are just for windows.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SimpleModManager is currently broken it seems. And how you aquire the romfs files. the links you linked are just for windows.
You can move the files around manually. That’s essentially what SMM does underneath anyway (and FS access is the big change in FW16.0.0 so that makes sense that it’s broken for the time being.)

As for it being on Windows….I guess the Devs are angry Microsoft bigots and are going to hell w/ Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer? What are ya gonna do, eh?

I think you just run it on Windows and it creates the romfs files for placement under the /atmosphere/contents/<titleid>/romfs directory...

Last edited by binkinator,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figures this thread appeared while I wasn't looking, and shortly before a deployment (where I can't access gaming sites at all). I just found out this was a thing from watching a speedrunner do a randomized run (part of the run anyways... cut off after about 2 hours) So today I have used Ryujinx and randovania for the first time... and it wasn't all that difficult to figure out.

Dump your game to NSP with the NSP dumper. Get ryujinx running with your keys. I want to copy and paste the directory between my PC and laptop, so I created the "portable" directory, and placed my prod.keys in portable/system. Other folders are created as well for you, as long as you do this as a first step. Point ryujinx to your game.

Right-click on the game and select Extract Data->exefs, followed by romfs. I placed both of those in Ryujinx\portable\mods\contents\010093801237c000 (you can create these directories faster if you right-click the game and select "Open Mods Directory").

From there, you can use randovania. You need to point it to the folder with the exefs and romfs in it (<tid>) and let it do it's thing. Use custom directory for ryujinx if you did not install it in the default location. I selected that same folder, and it created another folder for the mod, with another set of romfs/exefs folders in it. Ryujinx just happened to automatically load the mod even though I also had the original stuff there.

Now, there is an option instead of using ryujinx, to package it for Atmosphere. Without even doing it myself, I imagine it gives you an exefs and romfs folder that's ready to drop right into Atmosphere/contents/<titleID> to run on hardware.

Just lost track of time playing a random game... kept getting myself soft-locked because I hadn't found the regular bombs or the cloaking thing yet (do not fight the boss that normally gives you cloaking... you'll never be able to get out and continue your game!). Save every damn chance you get!

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Well this was an unnecessary bump. Sorry. Didn't even read what I last wrote before posting an "update". Nothing to update. Benn playing the hell out of randos on ryujinx, and never figured out how to make it work on the switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle