ROM Hack Metroid Dread - config.ini research

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a list of all the damage variables including beyond what's in config.ini. Unfortunately I'm not certain how to get the default values for them.

https://pastebin.com/Uc82urCZ
Did you manage to get those variables working?
I've only just started trying to do disassembly and I found a lot of other variables but they don't work at all when used in the ini.

Namely, the upgrade and weapon variables, and the graphics settings.

Nova77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you manage to get those variables working?
I've only just started trying to do disassembly and I found a lot of other variables but they don't work at all when used in the ini.

Namely, the upgrade and weapon variables, and the graphics settings.
It appears to be limited to what's specified in gui\scripts\msemenu_ingame.lc.

CUD

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to affect cutscenes.

I've since modified the latest source for switch toolbox to support saving/replacing files in PKG archives.

Replacing actors\characters\samus\models and morphball\models can be done directly now.

Export samushyper and morphballhyper and replace the other suit models with them, and save.
Oh really? I was using that tool initially but had no way to modify files in it in the previous version.

Does this method still not work for cutscenes though?

What I have found to work for cutscenes is to edit the save file (common.bmssv) directly. I renamed one of the suits to 'HYPER'. Although this replaces that suit's functionality too so I lost gravity suit functionality when renaming the suit to 'ITEM_HYPER_SUIT'.

What's also cool is that you can rename beams to enable the hyper beam (ITEM_WEAPON_HYPER_BEAM). Although this prevents aeion abilities from being used as well as the grapple beam so you might not be able to get everywhere but it's still cool nonetheless.

This lets you get to the end section.. Where your ship model doesn't exist (trying to leave this area again seems to crash the game as I get stuck on a black screen). You can also destroy the EMMI head armour but unfortunately you can't kill them with the hyper beam.

Can it be done and how on Yuzu emulator?

Yep, you can do this in Yuzu by putting the config.ini in the following folder: %appdata%\yuzu\sdmc\atmosphere\contents\010093801237C000\romfs

Nova77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh really? I was using that tool initially but had no way to modify files in it in the previous version.

What I have found to work for cutscenes is to edit the save file (common.bmssv) directly. I renamed one of the suits to 'HYPER'. Although this replaces that suit's functionality too so I lost gravity suit functionality when renaming the suit to 'ITEM_HYPER_SUIT'.

What's also cool is that you can rename beams to enable the hyper beam (ITEM_WEAPON_HYPER_BEAM). Although this prevents aeion abilities from being used as well as the grapple beam so you might not be able to get everywhere but it's still cool nonetheless.

This lets you get to the end section.. Where your ship model doesn't exist (trying to leave this area again seems to crash the game as I get stuck on a black screen). You can also destroy the EMMI head armour but unfortunately you can't kill them with the hyper beam.

Yep, you can do this in Yuzu by putting the config.ini in the following folder: %appdata%\yuzu\sdmc\atmosphere\contents\010093801237C000\romfs
Yes, it works for cutscenes. The model has literally been replaced - the original no longer exists. You can find the mod on gamebanana.

Reactions: CUD

Aleksandar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Ok. Thank you very much! :)

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The rar already has the folder path, just put it on the SD root.
Is your op post file without any game modifications (default game settings)?
And do we need to flip something on somewhere in atmosphere? Or some homebrew app or so?

Does anyone know a good mix of these where like sfx is still there but the music in the background isn't like muzzled like in the release? + any clue what the difference is between music and environment volume?

; ======
; Music Volume
fMusicVolume = 1.0
; SFX Volume
fSfxVolume = 1.0
; Environment Volume
fEnvironmentStreamsVolume = 1.0

Last edited by vree,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Is your op post file without any game modifications (default game settings)?
And do we need to flip something on somewhere in atmosphere? Or some homebrew app or so?

Does anyone know a good mix of these where like sfx is still there but the music in the background isn't like muzzled like in the release? + any clue what the difference is between music and environment volume?

; ======
; Music Volume
fMusicVolume = 1.0
; SFX Volume
fSfxVolume = 1.0
; Environment Volume
fEnvironmentStreamsVolume = 1.0
Yeah, uploaded the default file.
No extra steps needed to apply mods, just need to be placed in the same folder structure as in OP.

Reactions: vree

shahanshah

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there a way to disable checkpoint continues? I want to make the game more punishing, for example so that getting killed by an EMMI throws you to your last save, not just right outside of the EMMI area.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Code:
rConfig.iGrabEmmySamusQTEMode = 0
Setting it to "1" disables the flash cue to get free from EMMI's grab, needs to be set in every EMMI occurence.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
The hard mode that is included in the game already simply doubles all incoming damage. It doesn't give enemies more health (I haven't tried a boss yet, but all enemy and boss life values are in this config ini and they've matched the life values I've seen in both normal and hard mode), and it doesn't alter Samus' damage output in any way.
Doubling life for every enemy could work? or you risk bugging the game and make it impossible to progress?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Dread Mode
  • Double enemy life
  • Disabled EMMI grab cue
Needs testing!
It could bork you save file, so test it in a free slot!

Attachments

• Dread Mode.rar
    9.5 KB · Views: 66
Last edited by cucholix,

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Really nice find, thanks for sharing.

I looked through the ini, but couldn´t find the times for other QTEs, like to counter enemies or Boss attacks.
Are they not in the ini?

Last edited by [Truth],

cucholix

00000780 00000438
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Really nice find, thanks for sharing.

I looked through the ini, but couldn´t find the times for other QTEs, like to counter enemies or Boss attacks.
Are they not in the ini?
Have you tried the settings from line 2044?
Code:
[BlockableWarningRadius]
; ======
;[Regular Enemies] [Charge Attack Distance]
; ======
;     Gooplot radius
fBlockableAttackWarningRadiusGooplot = 800.0

It should increase the block radius, haven't tried myself

Last edited by cucholix,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat