Gaming Metroid 1 - Wii Edition

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supposedly Metroid 1 with the Wii Controls is supposed to be released on Feb 12th in Japan. Do you guys think there will be an option for english and japanese?

Since you guys aren't mind readers, or don't have a time machine, I don't suspect you guys to know. But, I figure that Metroid 1 on the GC would be a good place to start. So did the JAP version of Metroid on the GC have an option for US text?

I haven't played Metroid 1, 2 and 3, because I have been waiting for these controls and wanted to play the games in order. I rather not have to wait till mid year, as I am having a new baby, and I am sure I will never have the time necessary to beat these games with a new baby.

Green0scar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Considering the other remakes dont have English text, I dont this this will have it too. But its not that hard to beat without reading everthing, if your stuck, use a guide.

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't have a big problem with Prime 3's controls(it was certainly better, and more friendly on my wrist, than Twilight Princess was), but I like the Gamecube setup well enough not to re-purchase the first 2 games. That's one thing Nintendo irritates me by, they should stick motion AND standard control setups into all their games, rather than chanting the "this is better!" mantra. Consumers should have a choice in the matter and not be stuck with what the company thinks is best. This is one reason I sold my Wii, few games allow for both control options.

If you wait, Nintendo will likely release the Metroid collection in the US sometime later in 2009.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
The Pikmin and Mario Tennis remakes are coming to US 2 months after the japanese release.. the same should happen with Metroid. Just be patient
smile.gif

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would be patient, but a newborn and videogame playing don't match. The wife will kill me. "Yeah hun, I'll help with the baby in 10 minutes, I have to find a save zone." I am sure that won't fly.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh, misleading title. Metroid Prime 1, Wii Edition. I was hoping for a Wii remake of the original Metroid. I guess I can't say I'm disappointed with Metroid Prime being ported to the Wii, though.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metroid Prime GC came out in the West before it did in Japan, and the Prime series hasn't really done all that well over there so I'm surprised that its getting a release over there first.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make me second on that surprise too. Both Metroid Prime 1 and 2 are popping up finally with proper controls (pseudo mouse aim on pointer) instead of the sketchy mess it was before with no aim without being a standing target. Also you got Pikmin 1 and 2 in the pile, the Donkey Kong game, Tennis, and Chibi Robo rounding it out.

I personally can't wait for MP1 and 2(finally I'll play 2 didn't due to the bad control other than 10min on the 'Fusion Tour' some years back) but outside that Pikmin 2 and CR are good times already on the GC. These all will come out here, just give it time as they're doing it in chunks.

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
metroid prime is one of my favorite games EVER. hope to see that comming over here to the states soon
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Same
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    oh cool, I saw Space Invaders on that Nintendo Syl :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the fallout series it is pretty decent
    +1
    What Network is it on? I wanna see what you guys are talking about. N What time frame is it on? :unsure:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's Amazon prime
    Cool. I got Prime
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    prime deez nuts
    okies :D put 'em here :O
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The mutated Axolotl was awesome
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't have prime, I order once I am orderign $35 worth of stuff
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bet you don't pirate game either
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I even convinced my dad to watch Fallout lol. He's enjoying it so far
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They really wanna get the head
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    legit nobody irl knows I'm trans(it hasn't been long enough yet)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Be really careful out there. There are people who use trans people to their advantage, and its really sad in general. :(
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    also scary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Chasers and homophobia.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They're very common on social media.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ik about the phobias Im used to it but what's a chaser
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Bunjolio, Online.