Hacking messed up rxtools installation.

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have an o3ds xl running 9.2.0-20. made a nand dump.

i then formatted emunand, and when i went to check the SD directory, sysnand and emunand were still linked (only one folder).

i forgot to perform that beginning step where i spoof title.db, so thats probably why.

my question is, how far back do i go? should i use my nand dump to restore the device and start over?

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I may be mistaken but I think the Nands are supposed to be linked at first after formating Emunand for the first time and that unlinking them is a further step, done buy formatting sysnand with the SD card out of the 3ds...So I don't think you messed up yet...I don't remember when one is suppose to take the sd card out of the 3ds though...that is probably written on the guide though...

Last edited by Amapola62,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have an o3ds xl running 9.2.0-20. made a nand dump.

i then formatted emunand, and when i went to check the SD directory, sysnand and emunand were still linked (only one folder).

i forgot to perform that beginning step where i spoof title.db, so thats probably why.

my question is, how far back do i go? should i use my nand dump to restore the device and start over?
How to unlink nands:
1. In sysnand, go to System Settings -> Other Settings -> Format System (Do not accept yet)
2. Eject your Sd card (don't worry, it is safe)
3. Accept to Format your 3DS/2DS (let it connect to the internet if it asks, it will not update your system)
4. After it reboots, go through the setup screen and set everything up
5. Once in the home menu, insert back your sd card and let it create some files on your sd card.
6. Your nands are now unlinked, and there are 2 ID folders in your Nintendo 3DS folder on your SD card (one for emunand, another for sysnand)

How it will look on your SD card:
jI44.png

The folder with the smallest size belongs to your sysnand, since you just formatted it. Grab the database zip again and put the title.db and import.db in YourSysnandFolder/RandomNumbersAndLettersFolder/dbs, just like you did in Step 1: Line 1 & 2! Don't forget to go to Data Management in Sysnand to let the 3DS "repair" your software management information!

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so here is what I've done:

1. backed up NAND/SD card
2. formatted emunand
3.created title.db and import.db in dba, went to data MGMT and reset.

I'm afraid i did things out of order. is it okay? can i proceed to setup emunand?

D

Deleted-236924

No, you can proceed. Just you may want to system format sysnand, taking out the SD card before clicking for Format button, to unlink nands.

You can repeat that same step making title.db and import.db for emunand later if needed.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
formatting emunand(creating it from gateway launcher) is not the same as formatting the system(from system settings) after you make emunand, you need to format the system.

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, thanks. I'm at work right now, but I'll post how it goes. There are probably many documented cases of installing this software on this model, but it's always good to have more data, right?

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I unlinked sysnand, booted rxtools 2.6. I went to injection options>inject emunand partitions>and instead of giving me more options, it just says "press a to exit"

EDIT: Duh, it installed them and went back to the menu. sorry.

I'm just so skittish. I feel like I'm trying to decide to cut the blue wire or red wire with 5 seconds left on the clock.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When installing FBI.CIA to Health and Safety:

Opening SecureInfo_A... Error.
Trying with SecureInfro_B... OK!
Region: USA
TMD Version: v2051.
NAND H&S TMD backup created.
NAND H&S content backup created.
Editing Hleath & Safety Information...
Error opening FBI TMD.

EDIT: Jesus I'm sorry. I see now that it was also supposed to do this. I need to breathe.

Last edited by drakegraves,

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright. I booted to emunand. I don't have a signed CIA file to test with, yet, though. When I go to system settings it displays 3DSX 9.2.0-20U, but as soon as I exit, whenever I check again, it just says Sys Ver 9.2.0-20U. Am I still in emunand?

D

Deleted-236924

Unless you autoboot emunand with menuhax, exiting system settings will put you back onto sysnand. If you just go back to system settings then you'll be on your sysnand's system settings.

Technically-speaking, it always puts you back onto sysnand whenever you exit system settings, but when you have autoboot emunand, it triggers menuhax right away and you end up back on emunand.

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, your signature image is even radder than it was earlier today!

I'm going to make a new post for further questions I might have, because this one's title doesn't really reflect where the issues have gone (if I have any)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F