Gaming Merging ambassador 3ds with 3dsXL

splinters

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know there are many threads and web posts about system transfer but i cannot find a definitive answer to my problem.
I have a 3ds xl with 6 games on there tied to the console; mk7' mario land, layton and a few eshop titles.

I can get an ambassador 3ds and believe i can transfer the certificate and games to the xl. Nintendo state that the games from the 3ds will merge with those on the xl and wipe the original 3ds.

However, will i have to download the games on the XL again and will i lose the game saves. My XL has an 8gb card in it so that is where i want all the stuff to go, not the 2gb of the 3ds.

Anyone got experience of this and can offer any advice? I would like the NES and GBA games but not at the expense of losing my Mario and Layton game saves.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
so you got 3DS XL
and want to add the ambassdor status to it

if you transfer for teh abassador status to the XL it will not wipe the XL and will just add everything from abassador to the XL and you wont have to download anything

what you will have to do is backup the XL SD card (just as a precaution)
transfer from A to XL
during this you will have to use the A SD card in the XL (this will change the encryption key from A consoles to the XL consoles)
once it is all complete then copy the Contents from the A SD console to the PC
then keep these both seperate backups (again just as a precaution)
then make a SD card with teh contents of the A SD card copies onto the XL SD card (keep the origionals)
then insert into the XL and you should have everything

lordgoober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good to know. I'm planning to pick up a new 3dsxl at some point in the near future and I have an Ambassador standard 3ds and was wondering what would be the procedure.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
you must note any consoles that come with a free game e.g. Mario Kart 7
These CANNOT be transfered
as these are locked to the console and not bound to the E-shop account
there is no possible way to get these games transfered

splinters

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you must note any consoles that come with a free game e.g. Mario Kart 7
These CANNOT be transfered
as these are locked to the console and not bound to the E-shop account
there is no possible way to get these games transfered
Are you sure? I thought everything on the console was transferred?

What happens if you have to have the console replace by Nintendo, can they transfer the games.

Not a problem though as i just want the ambassador certificate from the old 3ds.

Thanks for the quick replies, great forum.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Are you sure? I thought everything on the console was transferred?

What happens if you have to have the console replace by Nintendo, can they transfer the games.

Not a problem though as i just want the ambassador certificate from the old 3ds.

Thanks for the quick replies, great forum.

im 100%

if they where purchased through the e-shop or redeemed through a code they will be transfered
if the console was purchased with the game installed it cannot be transfered

Nintendo will not transfer games locked to the console
if you break a Mario Kart 7 3DS and it breaks they will replace it with a Mario Kart 7 3DS and transfer the transferable data from the broken one to the working one

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
im 100%

if they where purchased through the e-shop or redeemed through a code they will be transfered
if the console was purchased with the game installed it cannot be transfered

Nintendo will not transfer games locked to the console
if you break a Mario Kart 7 3DS and it breaks they will replace it with a Mario Kart 7 3DS and transfer the transferable data from the broken one to the working one

i didn't know that because when i upgraded my 3ds to a xl the content on the 3ds xl was left behind as well as the content that i had on my 3ds was transferred, this also gives me more reason to hate what nintendo have been doing recently locking down games to the console, this is just another nail in the coffin for nintendo, not sure why they are pushing these bundles with a digital game only, if you want to sell it in the future you are screwed over and stuck with the hardware, don't nintendo even think of this?

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
i didn't know that because when i upgraded my 3ds to a xl the content on the 3ds xl was left behind as well as the content that i had on my 3ds was transferred, this also gives me more reason to hate what nintendo have been doing recently locking down games to the console, this is just another nail in the coffin for nintendo, not sure why they are pushing these bundles with a digital game only, if you want to sell it in the future you are screwed over and stuck with the hardware, don't nintendo even think of this?

there not locking down the games
if you bought a mario Kart 7 3DS and transfer your data and sell it, it still must be a Mario Kart 7 3DS
your not allow to strip the consoles base games if its listed as a package

gamer765

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please stop spreading false information, I bought a Blue Mario Kart 7 3DS XL (Pre-installed game) and a regular ole Red 3DS XL. About a week in, my blue MK7 3DS had a problem with the circle pad and I didn't want to deal with shipping it to Nintendo, so I decided to take it back to the store and get it exchanged. Before I did that, I performed a system transfer and it transferred the game along with all my other data to the red 3DS XL. So my red 3DS XL has MK7 for free (I can download it from the eShop too on the red XL). Obviously if I wanted free games, I'd go out and buy other 3DS' that have preinstalled games and do a system transfer to steal them, but it's far too much of a hassle to keep buying new consoles and returning them and buying more. The fact that I stole MK7 (it did transfer and I returned the blue XL without the game, therefore stealing) was an inadvertent side effect of me wanting to transfer my saves and data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, there wasnt even a conversation in place