Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There has been reports of very inconsistent problems happening with menuhax manager 3.0 While i never encounterd any problems, i dunno weather i should advise against using it until a update is released again or asking anyone to just post any errors here.

Why did i create this? Well for the sake of mind, i just am curious to know if anyone else wish to share the errors. So far there been problems like Having to unwrap app presents every time they load system menu, unable to use the menuhax boot commands, not being able to install correctly, strange noises and maybe system menu freezes and requesting to shut down system forcing reboots. Most users have reported 11.0 to be the system menu they are using it with during the errors. This is entirely homebrew and is should not be considered dangerous threat to your system brick possible. But i am recommending anyone using it to first back up their "Nintendo 3ds" Folder on the sd card to a safe place before using it and also share their experiences.

Post your installation log textfile data here, along with system menu and type of sd card being used during the process if you can.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having to unwrap gifts, or really any modifications to the home menu, won't work while this is installed. It's not a bug, it's just because of the way menuhax behaves with the latest version. It now uses an exploit in the actual home menu save data, and as such menuhax actively prevents changes to the home menu to prevent the exploit being removed. iirc I've seen this noted somewhere in documentation either on the github for menuhax_manager or some other location where Yellows8 actually states this is normal behavior.

Those other issues are actual bugs/issues, but I just wanted to let everyone who reads this know that the home menu will not let you modify it in any way until you uninstall menuhax afaik.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Noooo, If I wake up, I'll get a woody