Mencoder.exe Error with BatchDPG

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Joujoudoll, May 2, 2008.

May 2, 2008
  1. Joujoudoll
    OP

Member Joujoudoll GBAtemp Fan

I have an avi that I have created that won't work with BatchDPG... I tested it and I am able to convert other .avi files that I have, but this one particular .avi file won't convert to .dpg -- The error is this:

"mencoder.exe has encountered a problem and need to close." and the error signature says
    AppName: mencoder.exe
    AppVer: 0.0.0.0
    ModName: avisynth.dll
    ModVer: 2.5.7.0
    Offset: 00007c28

It will convert my audio, but not my video... I don't know why or how it will convert other .avi files, but not this particular one.

I have K-Lite Codec Pack installed on my computer.

If you know what the problem is, please tell me a solution... Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: The BatchDPG is not converting any files that I turn into .avi now, but it will convert files that I have made yesterday. I don't know what the problem is.

2. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    I recommend you switching from K-Lite to CCCP ... much more compatibility ...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=188865

What version of BatchDPG are you using, and have you uninstalled any media-related programs lately?

Also, what settings are you using on BatchDPG?

If I set it for too slow or too fast, it isn't happy ... but that could just be me ...

EDIT : Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing AviSynth?

3. Tikker

Member Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada

probably because you don't have the right codec installed

avi is just a container, not a codec

use something like gspot against the avi file you're trying to convert. it will tell you exactly which codec you need