Gaming Memory Stick problem

Pimpmynintendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PSP 2000 with 5.00 M33-3/3.71 fatmsmod and I bought a new Memory Stick(yes it is a fake) and when I start the PSP with the memory stick the PSP will turn on(green light on) but the screen will stay blank and I can't turn my PSP off, I have to take out the memory stick and the battery and it will work again. I can also turn on the PSP and then insert the memory stick and it will work. Is there a way I can fix it to where I can fix it to where I can turn it on without having to take out the stick every time?

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
how big is your memory stick? if its 8-16 gig then you will need the fatmsmod. but if its lower then you dont. also, i make an effort never to buy the sony branded memory sticks. i like the sandisk.

Pimpmynintendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
delta123 said:
how big is your memory stick? if its 8-16 gig then you will need the fatmsmod. but if its lower then you dont. also, i make an effort never to buy the sony branded memory sticks. i like the sandisk.
4GB, thanks I didn't know it was for 8-16

QUOTE(cinnamonxv @ Nov 2 2008, 07:53 AM) i thought only the Magic Gate memory stick can only get you custom frimware
You are right but I said I already installed the CFW

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

That's just plain wrong. The fatmsmod patch is to apply the 3.71 firmware's memory stick driver.

Sounds like you're running some kind of Pandora set up with a Time Machine IPL on your old MS you're unaware of. I take it someone else cfw'd your PSP? If not are you sure it's a regular battery? If that battery was used to install cfw use something like Hellcats Pandora Installer to convert it back to normal. Then it should work fine

Pimpmynintendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
QUOTE said:

That's just plain wrong. The fatmsmod patch is to apply the 3.71 firmware's memory stick driver.

Sounds like you're running some kind of Pandora set up with a Time Machine IPL on your old MS you're unaware of. I take it someone else cfw'd your PSP? If not are you sure it's a regular battery? If that battery was used to install cfw use something like Hellcats Pandora Installer to convert it back to normal. Then it should work fine
No I did it myself with a guide
I downloaded Hellcats Pandora Installer and it said I had a battery that could not be patched. When I made the battery I didn't make it through patching I made it through modding the battery and cutting something then reconnecting the cut parts with mechanical pencil which was one of the options in the guide.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Well it sounds like your battery is still a Pandora and that the restore was unsuccessful. Either set up a Multi-IPL or Time Machine IPL on your Memory stick or get a new battery.

Maybe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pimpmynintendo said:
xist said:
QUOTE said:

I downloaded Hellcats Pandora Installer and it said I had a battery that could not be patched. When I made the battery I didn't make it through patching I made it through modding the battery and cutting something then reconnecting the cut parts with mechanical pencil which was one of the options in the guide.

Sounds like you didn't reconnect it right. I didnt even know you could use pencil, I though it has to be re soldered. Good luck.

Pimpmynintendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe said:
Pimpmynintendo said:
xist said:
QUOTE said:

Sounds like you didn't reconnect it right. I didnt even know you could use pencil, I though it has to be re soldered. Good luck.
YOU ARE AWESOME. I reopened the battery and reapplied the mechanical pencil(it seems to fade after being used for awhile so I guess I need to reapply it every once in awhile)
Thank you for your help everybody some of this PSP stuff is kind of confusing to me while the rest comes easy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.