Hacking memorex dvd not working

NOTWORKING123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
someone posted in the wii hacking forums that memorex is an awesome brand for burning and playing backups.I burned topspin3wii ( yeah,im a tennis freak)on to a memorex dvd-r.I put the game inthe wii but it says -unable to read disk, please refer to the wii manual for troubleshooting(cant remember the whole thing)I burned a couple disks at different speeds but same results.Im tired of searching the forums and im one of those people that are hard to expain to in words (math problems piss me off). im those nebs who dont under stand the burning process. i dont know whats wrong. Is it because media or files?
wacko.gif
blink.gif
moogle.gif
please reply

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You need to use ImgBurn set to auto burn, and it'll writte at the recomended speed according to your media/writter, I use Nero6 and a Lite-On writter (3 years old) and Memorex I used to burn those at 8X with Nero6, on a test with ImgBurn, I set the auto speed and gave me the same, 8X.....!!!
smile.gif

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:
Go with Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden discs only.

Memorex is not reliable.

Well I wouldn't say ONLY. Umm, what you could do is ask retailer if you could return it if the discs dont work. Circuit city said yes (may they rest in peace
cry.gif
), and I got to try out a few.

Nexxtech works, and they are usually pretty cheap. Philips should work also, but i can't guarantee.

deadpix

Trophies
XP
Country
All my games are written in Memorex and they work flawlessly. I burn them in disk utility on a mac at 2x.

Verbatim is also a good choice.

Also see if your ISO is a good one...
Try another source of ISOS

Nelson9937955

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldnt use anything BUT Verbatim or TY. These crap brands like memorsux and nexx tech may work today but a few months down the line, the ink turns to crap and you will be reburning all your games. Pay alittle more now for good brands so you dont have to worry about this

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nelson9937955 said:
I wouldnt use anything BUT Verbatim or TY. These crap brands like memorsux and nexx tech may work today but a few months down the line, the ink turns to crap and you will be reburning all your games. Pay alittle more now for good brands so you dont have to worry about this

Thats why nexxtech outsources to Mitsubishi and CMC the same places Verbatim and TY do. They are the same quality and they are WAY cheaper.

FireFreek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nelson9937955 said:
...ink? What are you talking about?

Also I only use Memorex(I bought a pack and I haven't run out) and I've been fine, from Wii games to DVDs.

NOTWORKING123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
deadpix said:
All my games are written in Memorex and they work flawlessly. I burn them in disk utility on a mac at 2x.

Verbatim is also a good choice.

Also see if your ISO is a good one...
Try another source of ISOS
my iso is good, checked with wum

QUOTE(thinkoutsidetheb0x @ Jan 24 2009, 02:47 PM) Never had a problem w/Memorex burning @ 2x using ImgBurn

What do you have installed on your Wii to play backups?
i used the guide- burning backups - so pratically nothing because it said that i just need brickblocker and wiigion free and thats what i did. i got no homebrew channel

Arek1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually Verbatim has went back exclusively to MMC after consumers got upset when they switch to the cheaper CMC. Memorex are iffy because you never know which company they have manufacturing them. The Memorex's manufactured that are sold at Wal-Mart are crap from my own experience, they work for DVD's for awhile, but at least for my Wii they have been very picky. (1 in maybe 20 games work). No problems with Verbs (after updating my disc drive's firmware.)

If you can get a decent price on Sony discs definitely give them a go otherwise stick to Verbatims.

NOTWORKING123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
simple version- my problem is that my wii cant read memorex,im nub whats a disk utility? any ways when i got o disk channel a big question mark appears. maybe my wii can only read dvd+rs like some wierd wiis

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you have severe issues with your burned discs, you need to check the quality with dvdinfopro for example. Please post your result here, and if your burner doesn't support a pipo test, then your burner can't be trusted.

NOTWORKING123 said:
simple version- my problem is that my wii cant read memorex,im nub whats a disk utility? any ways when i got o disk channel a big question mark appears. maybe my wii can only read dvd+rs like some wierd wiis

If you use Gamma the disc channel will never recognize backups. That's a rebooter or cioscorp only thing.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ether2802 said:
he doesn't even have a ModChip or Homebrew on his Wii....!!!
wacko.gif

Thank you, i have overseen this little detail. I wonder how many more replies i would have written otherwise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...