Homebrew RELEASE melonDS for Switch — continuation

kite21

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi! First of all thank you for your work on this port. I tested the latest version and I could tell there was improvement in speed. Played SMT Devil survivor 2 and the game ran normally except during the video intro. The video cutscene that happens almost at the start of the game ran fine.

I also tried another game called Kimi no yuusha by SNK playmore. This one halted to a crawl once I was dropped in the dungeon and tried to walk around. But the in-game cutscenes ran normally.

I'll try to test more games to see what works and what doesn't, Once again thank you for your hard work o3o.

Syynx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm playing on a Switch Lite and turning games sideways 270 degrees causes all the buttons to be reversed when holding the switch sideways (up is down, x is b, etc)

Edit: I got the buttons working the right way but I cant use the right thumb stick as a dpad, I need to reach up and use the left dpad. This works, it's just awkward.

Last edited by Syynx,

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi I'm playing on a Switch Lite and turning games sideways 270 degrees causes all the buttons to be reversed when holding the switch sideways (up is down, x is b, etc)

Edit: I got the buttons working the right way but I cant use the right thumb stick as a dpad, I need to reach up and use the left dpad. This works, it's just awkward.

this kind of control is not supported, though maybe I add support for it later. The screen rotation option you're probably using is for playing games where you rotate the DS (like Dr Kawashima's Brain Training) and it rotates the face buttons as if you had rotated the DS. If you want to rotate the Switch itself, e.g. for use with a FlipGrip use the Global Rotation option.

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
In Pokémon Platinum, if you have a Ball Capsule with seals positioned in a way that when your pokemon goes out they touch the enemy pokemon sprite, that sprite will disappear, and will sometimes flicker from visible to invisible when moves animations are happening.

3G2Dxni.jpg

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've asked this before but its was still up in the air
@catlover007 do you still plan on porting your neon GPU stuff to melonDS master (without the deko renderer of course)? I'm sure it would really help out the arm64 linux devices
no, because I don't really care about those devices enough to carry the maintanance burden. The only aarch64 device besides my Switch I own is my phone which a hand-me-down iPhone. Besides without an optimised 3d renderer it's pretty useless anyway for most of the library.

@catlover007 can you put an option to customize the controls ?
maybe later, for now there's the option integrated in Horizon.

In Pokémon Platinum, if you have a Ball Capsule with seals positioned in a way that when your pokemon goes out they touch the enemy pokemon sprite, that sprite will disappear, and will sometimes flicker from visible to invisible when moves animations are happening.

3G2Dxni.jpg
interesting. I have a few sprite related fixes which aren't released yet, so it might already be fixed.

Tomtani1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Melonds running on the Switch with no overclocking runs very well. Is there a way to assign the A B X Y buttons to the right analog stick? It would make playing Geometry Wars a lot better with twin stick shooting.

Reactions: FanNintendo

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Melonds running on the Switch with no overclocking runs very well. Is there a way to assign the A B X Y buttons to the right analog stick? It would make playing Geometry Wars a lot better with twin stick shooting.
I never thought of Geometry Wars on DS but I do have N3DSXL with little mouse circle on it might wil do it. Ill check later :) but on Switch why not use right analog for fire and left for move?

Last edited by FanNintendo,

Tomtani1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never thought of Geometry Wars on DS but I do have N3DSXL with little mouse circle on it might wil do it. Ill check later :) but on Switch why not use right analog for fire and left for move?
In Melonds, the right analog stick is assigned to the DS touchscreen. If I change the Cursor Mode to be "Offset mode", then the right analog stick can almost work (I have to hold the ZR button to shoot) for playing twin stick shooting in Geometry Wars.

Last edited by Tomtani1,

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In Melonds, the right analog stick is assigned to the DS touchscreen. If I change the Cursor Mode to be "Offset mode", then the right analog stick can almost work (I have to hold the ZR button to shoot) for playing twin stick shooting in Geometry Wars.
you can change click mode to toggle, that might be useful.

Tomtani1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can change click mode to toggle, that might be useful.
Thank you for your advice. Setting the Cursor Mode to be "Offset mode" and Click Mode to be "Toggle" helped a lot but not perfect. My right analog stick automatically shoots left when I don't point the right analog stick. When I want to shoot in any other direction then I need to point the right analog stick in that direction. If I point the right analog stick in the left direction then it does not shoot. I have to remember that in order to shoot in the left direction, I have to let go of the right analog stick because it shoots in the left direction automatically. The Geometry Wars gameplay is really fast and smooth.

Thank you for the great work on MelonDS. I really like the Hybrid layout. Could you make the big screen on the left side even larger by extending to the top and bottom while maintaining the 4:3 aspect ratio? That would leave less space for the 2 smaller screen on the right side. The main playing screen is more important. Maybe call it Hybrid Max.

Last edited by Tomtani1,

The Official GMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, because I don't really care about those devices enough to carry the maintanance burden. The only aarch64 device besides my Switch I own is my phone which a hand-me-down iPhone. Besides without an optimised 3d renderer it's pretty useless anyway for most of the library.
so I assume a low level 3d renderer (ie: vulkan on linux) is out of the question then too? Deko3d seems great for HOS but its a shame that work will stay HOS only.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr