rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
We bring you melonDS 0.9.3, a tad late, but it comes with a good deal of improvements.

First of all, we fixed touchscreen input, it should now work as expected in all screen modes. We also added support for touchscreen devices (tablets etc).

On the emulation side, we added support for audio interpolation, as an optional emulation improvement. Depending on how good your game's samples are, you may see an improvement in audio quality. There are multiple interpolation types to choose from, so you can see which one you like best.

We also added a setting to optionally degrade the audio output to 10-bit, like the actual DS, for more authentic experience. This goes hand in hand with emulation of the SOUNDBIAS register, too. Emulating this register means nothing for the average game, but it could be used for cool tricks in homebrew. Hell, we even managed to make the DS play a song solely by regularly changing SOUNDBIAS.

There have been several improvements to DSi mode too. Namely, touchscreen calibration is now automatically patched in DSi mode, eliminating the need for a recalibration. It is also possible to boot DSi games and homebrew directly now, although this feature is still experimental. Last but not least, the DSi title manager allows you to easily install your DSiWare titles to your emulated NAND.

A ROM info dialog has also been added under System -> ROM Info.

There's also the usual slew of bugfixes and other little additions, you can check the changelog for the full list.

For the eventual 1.0 release, we also want to make melonDS less obtuse all around: providing user-selectable paths for savefiles and such, BIOS/firmware substitutes atleast for DS mode, less obtuse DLDI support, etc...

Enjoy!

melonDS 0.9.3, Windows x64
melonDS 0.9.3, Linux x64
melonDS 0.9.3, Linux ARM64
melonDS 0.9.3, macOS x64
melonDS 0.9.3, macOS ARM64
melonDS 0.9.3, macOS universal

Last edited by Arisotura,

Crazynoob458

That Reshiram
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
amazing i love your work!
UPDATE: the melon has been updated
upload_2021-9-2_1-12-37.png

Last edited by Crazynoob458,

mystman12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I dump my DSi's firmware? I have a NAND and files for both BIOSs, but I can't figure out where to get a firmware file.

Edit: Nevermind, did some more digging and figured out I needed dsbf_dump.

Last edited by mystman12,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night