Gaming MegaUpload stopped the free premium?

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I haven't used MegaUpload in about2 weeks... wanted to download some anime today, and it's about 10PM PST (which is during the free Premium), went to their site and I saw they had reworked the website. I tried activating the premium, but the premium button wouldn't show up... I tried looking in their site to activate it but couldn't find it either. Did they remove the free premium, or is this just happening to me? I also tried using both Firefox and IE, and I even redownloaded the MU toolbar... still couldn't get premium.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Omg... are you serious? That sucks man! I always depended on their free premium to download my 360 games and anime... Dang this is really bad news! I don't even think I can get one full game in 2 hours...

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still prefer MU over torrents even if MU premium sucks. But, I don't want to wake up at 6am to download.

I'm disappointed in MU.

Foxle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should look in on the download manager called "Cryptload". It's got built in captcha reading on it, so you just give it twenty some odd links, and it will download them for you. It recognizes the 45 second wait time between downloads, and can tell when you've hit your download limit. Once you're allowed to download again, it'll keep on truckin'. Hope that helps.

Edit: Works with Rapidshare and the like as well.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Foxle, I have something like that as well. It is called Jdownloader. There are a bunch of these around and all of them work the same. I would usggest one. The main advantage is that you can choose to start the downloads at a set time so it will start then.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
The problem with something like Cryptload is that you still have to wait all that time after your free downloads run out. I think I'm just gonna give in and buy an account.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i cant believe they changed it, I'd prefer MU over torrents any day, but theres no way im going to download at 4:00AM

Might have to finally pay for an account there.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not load up 10 downloads, start them all within the 2-hour time period, and let them continue downloading even after the 2 hours is up? I don't think they'll throttle your speed back down unless a download times out and has to be restarted or something.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
Why not load up 10 downloads, start them all within the 2-hour time period, and let them continue downloading even after the 2 hours is up? I don't think they'll throttle your speed back down unless a download times out and has to be restarted or something.

I believe you need to wait for 1 download to finish before you can even start another

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You guys do know that if you register for a free account the wait time gets bumped to 25 second right? And if you use Opera like I do, you can actually do the 25 seconds on every single link at once, but then just download each file one by one. I get 3KB/s without premium and I've max out the download limit in under an hour (Takes like 6 GB I think)

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Yeah, you had to download the MegaUpload Toolbar to activate it. I also downlaoded MegaManager because it's super useful. I might try out Jdownloader and see if it works... however, like I said, I may just end up buying a premium account. After all, super fast downloads all day for an entire month = awesome. I used to be able to get like 2 and a half 360 games per night... so in one month, that's a lot of games. (Plus music, anime, etc...)

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
War. I would suggest getting the MU account. I have one myself and it pays for itself. Movies and games are downloaded and if you want, I can PM you a site that exclusively uses MU links for everything.
Just a note though, do not share you account with more than one person. My brother game it to about 3 people and it ended up getting the account banned. There is a limit of 2 IP's per premium account.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sstew said:
DanTheManMS said:

I believe you need to wait for 1 download to finish before you can even start another

Eh, a few weeks ago I was able to download 5-6 files at once when the happy hour thing was activated, using the FlashGet download manager. Dunno if that's changed in this transition though. I should also check and see if the MegaFix Firefox addon still works to make MU think you've got the toolbar installed...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it