Megaman X VC Not Saving

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by alejolink11, Jul 31, 2011.

Jul 31, 2011

Megaman X VC Not Saving by alejolink11 at 8:38 AM (1,191 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. alejolink11
    OP

Member alejolink11 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey guys I got a VC wad from We Hack Wii of the game Megaman X.
    For those of you familiar with the game you get certain powerups from capsules on levels i.e. dash boots from chill penguin
    Well for me the game is not saving these upgrades but it is saving the actual storyline i.e. killing each boss and getting the weapon\
    Why is this? Do I need a specific IOS or maybe is it the wad?

2. ramunerobot

Newcomer ramunerobot Newbie

United States
    Megaman X didn't have Sram saves, if you want to pick up where you left off you're going to have to write down your password or play it through the Snes emulator and use save states.

3. alejolink11
    OP

United States
    I know that. Problem is the passwords dont save the upgrades, just the new weapons!

4. alejolink11
    OP

United States
    I dont recall the original being like that. PLUS you need some to get others as I recall! Im wondering if its a wad error or what?

5. JoseBove

Newcomer JoseBove Member

France
    Megaman X should indeed save any upgrades or any weapon earned, no matter how many, or even the order.
    If you want to get the dash boots in chill penguin stage then die until password screen, you could use that password with no boss killed whatsoever and then kill sting chameleon and use the password given and you would have nothing but sting chamelon's weapon and the dash boots.

since megaman x got released only a couple of months ago, your issue might be that you don't have an official nintend VC wad but rather an injected rom wad file.
    look for a different megaman X wad file, for example one that has a release number that corresponds with gbatemp's release list....

once everything is figured out, let's hope Zero won't die this time [​IMG]

6. alejolink11
    OP

United States
    Never Mind Guys!
    I got an emu and on there the games fine.