OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
So my first issue I came across was Soul Calibur 2. The game had a Mismatched ID and of course I went and ripped it again and now it works. I've now recently came across a RE2 mismatch and haven't had the time to test it out thoroughly.
My question is are some Mismatched ID's bad and others Non-Harmful? I've been going through a lot of my games and quite a few have Mismatched ID's however I've played them without any issue. For instance Twilight Princess on GC has play flawless for me even with a Mismatched ID. On the other hand RE2 and Soul Calibur 2 have given me issues with wrong ID's.

Are some harmful and others non-harmful?

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
You could say that, if your rip takes away the update section or other partitions then the md5 will not match but the game will work all the way. Actually any little harmless byte change will alter the ID but doesn't necessarily mean it will crash the game.

Reactions: Sky Design

Sky Design

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You could say that, if your rip takes away the update section or other partitions then the md5 will not match but the game will work all the way. Actually any little harmless byte change will alter the ID but doesn't necessarily mean it will crash the game.

Thank you! Perfect answer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't forget your one a day