Mayflash GC Adapter + Retroport/Raphnet

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by elgarta, Nov 7, 2014.

1. elgarta
    OP

elgarta GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2012
    United States
    Hola Amigos,

So I have a quick question. I recently hacked vWii and got emulators and whatnot running, and I want a decent controller setup for Retroarch and Genesisplus Gx, and came across this adapter: http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Nintendo-GameCube-Controller-Adapter-Wii/dp/B00BS520SG

Now I have some old Retrolink adapters and Raphnet adapters (Retro controllers to GC port adapters) and was wondering if I could essentially daisychain these with a Mayflash adapter for a 'wireles', Wii-U friendly way to make use of what I already have sitting in my Wii-closet.

The adapter supposedly recognizes a GC controller as a classic controller, but some people say 3rd party controls don't work, but don't state if they are using cheap chinese knockoffs or 'decent' third party controls, and it seems that nobody online has done this sort of thing before.

2. elgarta
    OP

elgarta GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2012
    United States
    Bump. Nobody else has tried this or has any good guesses as to how this works?

3. troybot

troybot Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    I'm sorry I'm not sure, but I wanted to congratulate you on your message count! :-D

4. shinkodachi

shinkodachi On permanent leave

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    It may or may not work, that's the best answer anyone can give you really. That's a very unique use case and searching the 'net brought up zero results. :(

5. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino May Fire

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    I'd say try and test it.
    Be the first to share it.

Knowledge is gained by testing things ;]