Mass Effect Trilogy DLC

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Lurker2, Oct 1, 2012.

Oct 1, 2012

Mass Effect Trilogy DLC by Lurker2 at 12:13 AM (667 Views / 1 Likes) 14 replies

1. Lurker2
    OP

Banned Lurker2 Banned!

United States
    Source

Sounds like the 360 users are going to be shafted. It just seems like EA is screwing gamers while most companies release collections at a $39.99 price tag they do $59.99 and they don't always include all the DLC. Well maybe the PS3 will get all the DLC but that is unfair.

The 360 users get shafted because they can get all 3 games for less then 55 and the DLC they get are included in new copies. Also if you buy the Platinum version of Mass Effect 1 you get one $5 DLC that the trilogy doesn't receive.
    The PC users get more but if you buy the game physically you can get it for about 45.
    The PS3 users might get the best deal since they might get most of the DLC.

Mass Effect 1 can be download as a standalone game for PS3 for $15.

Rasas likes this.
  2. Hyro-Sama

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan
    Is the DLC really such a big deal? You're still getting three games for the price of one. Such a deal is especially advantageous for PS3 owners like myself.

3. Lurker2
    OP

Banned Lurker2 Banned!

United States
    The fact of the matter is you can buy the games cheaper used or new then buy the collection. You can get Mass Effect 1 standalone on PS3 for $15 which might not have the dlc and it just seems like a cash grab.

Rasas likes this.
  4. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    As Hydro said, I hardly call it a shaft move. The DLC for ME was one good one followed by one slightly dreadful one. ME2, while there is some good DLC for it I found the game perfectly enjoyable without any and ME3, well they haven't even finished all the DLC for it.

5. Hyro-Sama

Japan
    [​IMG]

6. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    You've got a mirracle retailer then, because Mass Effect 1 was never released on the PS3.

Mass Effect 3 - $20
    Mass Effect 2 - $18
    Mass Effect 1 - $15
    -----TOTAL----- $53

This means that you're geting the DLC's for the price of $6,99. A rip-off? I think not.

7. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    You're actually getting 3 games for more than the price of 3. ME1 is $19.99 on disc/$15 digitally, ME2 is $19.99, and ME3 has been as low as (and will likely permanently be by November) $19.99. So you're paying $59.99 for $59.97/$54.98 worth of games. The extra money is just getting you a fancy box with ugly boxart. I can't speak for the PS3 release, but the PC and later disc releases of the 360 version of ME1 both had Bring Down The Sky for free; note how it's suspiciously absent from the Trilogy release for the 360. The PC version does get a $5 DLC free for the first game, but you can also get the PC versions for a significant amount less than console versions.

Overall, this box set really benefits no one without the DLC, aside from the hardcore collectors.

They've already announced the PS3 version will be $15 digitally, same as the Xbox Games on Demand price.

8. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    Announced =/= Released, and it will only be available *because* this collection was made in the first place, otherwise they had no reason whatsoever to port the game.

9. Lurker2
    OP

Banned Lurker2 Banned!

United States
    Mass Effect 2 on the PS3 sold fairly well so they might of done it later anyway. You don't know and I don't know so lets drop those thoughts and agree that this collection speed it up or allowed it. The 360 users get less DLC, the PC users get more then the 360 but maybe less then the PS3 and the PS3 might get most of it. I don't mind not getting all the DLC but it should be fairly equal and have a lower price.

Rasas likes this.
  10. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    Fair enough, but your complaint revolves around the fact that you think it's too expensive. Not so long ago, Mass Effect 3 alone costed $39.99 - it's a relatively new game, and you get Mass Effect 1 and 2 with it, along some DLC. The prices all check-out, it's a *good* deal, and as I said earlier, Mass Effect 1 was ported only for the purpose of this collection - it wouldn't have been ported otherwise.

11. Hyro-Sama

Japan
    The DLC to be included in the PS3 ME Collection hasn't been announced yet but regardless it's beneficial without it. Although, I do agree that XBOX 360 and PC owners aren't getting a screaming deal here so I'll give you that.

12. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    sowwy :( I was a bad bad Clarky

anywho on a serious note has anyone looked beyond the games and looked at the packaging? It is safe to say that is where most of your money is going, and let us think for a moment, Mass Effect 3 came out in March this year retailing at $60....not a bad price getting the other 2 chucked in is it?

13. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I do wish they'd go ahead and include the DLC (even if it gave them the excuse to boost the collection's price by $10 - $20 dollars). The DLC ends up being pretty crucial to the story, and there is a whole lot of it. This collection of the series is a little incomplete without it.

1 person likes this.
  14. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    The only DLC I'd want is for ME3. But even then, the games are great even without the DLC. I've never bought DLC and my enjoyment of the games were still high.

1 person likes this.
  15. Lurker2
    OP

Banned Lurker2 Banned!

United States
    Well the Playstation 3 version is coming out December 4th. The Mass Effect Trilogy has the "Bring down the sky" DLC and all the DLC included in the Mass Effect 2 disc version.

Rasas likes this.