Gaming Mass Effect 3

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone here playing this game? It's the best damn 11 dollars I've spent recently. I absolutely love this game. Anyone here have any thoughts on this game?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Anyone here playing this game? It's the best damn 11 dollars I've spent recently. I absolutely love this game. Anyone here have any thoughts on this game?
I've just finished Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2 to fully enjoy Mass Effect 3 and carry over my character through the whole saga. Yes, Mass Effect 3 is pretty darn excellent in just about every way. The Multiplayer works too, although I wish it had a versus mode in addition to the co-op horde mode.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan to make a second save soon. In my first I'm staying faithful to Liara. In the new save, I'm going to see how many relationships I can keep afloat. I'll even name my character, Kirk lol :)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I plan to make a second save soon. In my first I'm staying faithful to Liara. In the new save, I'm going to see how many relationships I can keep afloat. I'll even name my character, Kirk lol :)
Pretty sure that once the romance "locks in", you don't have the option to bail. It's covered by the Mass Effect Wiki. ;)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Never played ME1 or ME2 but got ME3 for the Wii U, so for someone who's never played the previous would ME3's story make any sense?
Each Mass Effect tackles a different story (In Mass Effect 1 you fight with Saren, in Mass Effect 2 you fight with The Collectors and in Mass Effect 3 you fight with The Reapers) that are all intertwined into one bigger story, but BioWare managed to make the games in such a way that you know what's going on regardless of which one you start with. I think there's no harm with starting with Mass Effect 3 - you won't be confused.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the Wii U version comes with the extra character DLC, but does it have the backstory comic thing or not?

Anyways, I think it was better than the 360 version, the only exception being the low amount of online players.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Never played ME1 or ME2 but got ME3 for the Wii U, so for someone who's never played the previous would ME3's story make any sense?

Can sum it up with the opening section... I played the shit out of ME1 & 2, at least twice over, before grabbing ME3 at launch: if you start by just playing ME3 you'd think "that was pretty cool", for me though it was FU-KIN epic!

ME3 muffy verdict? Make no mistake the ME trilogy is similar in so many ways to the original Star Wars movie trilogy for me.... ME3 is Return of the Jedi: biggest budget, big grand finale, well worth your time ...but the worst one. I'll not get into the end 10% of the game as that's blown over now :lol:, and if you feel like shelling out for all the dlc (not sure the Wii U version has it all though), then it's improved no end, but even before we got to THAT last 5-10% it was a bit of a letdown... Really though, they set the bar too high with 1 and 2 and in hindsight it was clearly impossible to come up with the 'all clicking together to make for your own personal end', so as such yeah, it's still a very good game.
Probably even better if you've not played ME1 & 2 beforehand thinking about it... so scratch what I said up there WiiCube! :lol:

By the way, I liked Empire Strikes Back the best.... same applies to Mass Effect! ;)

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There's this thing in the game menus called the Codex that's just filled to the brim with information on the game world and stuff, if you find the game brings up something you don't understand because you haven't played 1 or 2, you can probably get up to speed reading about it in there. (Or go online and look at a wiki or something, I guess, lol)

I mean, yeah, it'll be playable, you'll be able to get the jist, but you definitely won't get the most out of it. If Wii U is all you have, definitely play the game, but if you have a 360 or PS3 you'd be better off getting the Trilogy set. (They're also on the PC, but you need Origin and a lot of people hate that.)

One last thing to note, most of the DLC isn't available on the Wii U versions, what little is available just comes with it (like the extended ending, and an extra party member), so that's good, but most of it no way to get at all, so that's bad.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My biggest gripes with with game:

1) That damn Kai Leng glitch (dealing with that right now)

2) Lack of armor color choices for the crew. I'm tired of seeing Liara in blue, black or white.

I think I'll spend some time making a fem shepard cover for the Wii U version. Apparently the PS3 and 360 versions had a reversable cover. I think my wife would get a kick out of seeing that. The ending choices could be better and the middle of the game feels like you're going through the motions but overall this game is a must buy.

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have played Mass effect one and two only, still waiting for Mass effect three to hit steam. Should just be a few more year's and if it doesn't come to steam. Than Mass Effect will forever end at 2 for me.

I refuse to have the unholy Origin on my most sacred computer, but then again I knew I probably wouldn't ever play it when it came out as original only lol.

Though my hate for Origin aside, it does look like a good game.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Totally justified to get Origin just for that one game, it's well-worth it. Don't expect EA to release their core franchises on Steam, they have no reason to do so.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beat the game a few minutes ago. The ending was OK but I never wanted to lose my eye candy twins (Liara and EDI). Luckily I can play the Earth battle again, save the two and then work on a new career.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are the loading screens so LOOOOONG? (I'm lookin at you, multiplayer) And some multiplayer... You can only play online.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Why are the loading screens so LOOOOONG? (I'm lookin at you, multiplayer) And some multiplayer... You can only play online.

Long loading screens are one of Wii U's most overused negative aspects and this is bad because we shouldn't have to wait for the game to load for so fucking load.

My fuckin' 360 allows to install ALL game data on the hard drive so the Wii U should too (provided the user has space on the 32GB storage or an external HDD). Get your shit together Nintendo before going with pre-downloading/loading stuff. :-/

Reactions: cvskid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life +1