daveteee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Law said:
Retal said:
Zarcon said:
I really don't understand the fascination with Mario Paint Composer.
It's just a limited midi program.

I DO understand the fascination with Mario Paint's composer though. Being able to make impressive things with only 3 notes max per beat and no sharps/flats is a feat.

That said...which is this going to be?
FYI this post makes no sense whatsoever.

Makes enough sense to me.

Mario Paint Composer is a third party remake of the composer that was in Mario Paint which has improved features.

Zarcon was asking whether it would be the original Composer in Mario Paint, or Mario Paint Composer.

It makes no sense because he's contradicting himself. First he says he doesn't understand the fascination with the remake because it's a limited midi program, then he says he understands the original version even though it's exactly the same thing, a limited midi program. They are both limited midi programs, the only difference is that you are able to create songs in different keys other than C since in the original you can only create songs in the key of C.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's saying that making a decent song in the original Mario Paint is impressive, whereas making a decent song in Mario Paint Composer is not since it's basically along the same lines as making the song in a regular MIDI program.

He's not contradicting himself. It's like me saying that I like the very first version of Line Rider better than the newer versions because it was harder to make impressive stuff in it (especially without the ability to erase your lines), so watching a user's creation is more interesting since I know that a lot of work (and more importantly, skill) went into the track's creation.

Look up TomBobBlender's Youtube videos for an example. If someone made those songs in a regular MIDI program, the only reaction they would get would be "so what?" whereas since it's made with a severely-limited composer, the fact that the songs are fairly accurate is very impressive. Granted, Tom does use Mario Paint Composer as well, but he stays within the restrictions of the original game.

This video is one of the most accurate ones I've ever heard, compared to the original track.

Retal

Trophies
XP
Country
daveteee said:
Law said:
Retal said:
Zarcon said:
I really don't understand the fascination with Mario Paint Composer.
It's just a limited midi program.

I DO understand the fascination with Mario Paint's composer though. Being able to make impressive things with only 3 notes max per beat and no sharps/flats is a feat.

That said...which is this going to be?
FYI this post makes no sense whatsoever.

Makes enough sense to me.

Mario Paint Composer is a third party remake of the composer that was in Mario Paint which has improved features.

Zarcon was asking whether it would be the original Composer in Mario Paint, or Mario Paint Composer.

It makes no sense because he's contradicting himself. First he says he doesn't understand the fascination with the remake because it's a limited midi program, then he says he understands the original version even though it's exactly the same thing, a limited midi program. They are both limited midi programs, the only difference is that you are able to create songs in different keys other than C since in the original you can only create songs in the key of C.
Thanks for saving me the job of explaining what I thought was obvious.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: :sad: