Gaming Mario kart Wii

beesnees31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here it is folks the Mario kart Wii post.

Here are a few questions that are yet to be answered

1.Final Rosters
2.Stages or Courses
3.Types Cars

The release date has been confirmed to April 2, 2008

With promising new features such as mid air tricks and "Bikes" how do you think this will effect sales and overall fun value

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
1. I don't care, I'll still play the lightest racer, be it turtle or toad.
2. I REALLY hope one day they could make every track ever made and new tracks for every sequel of mario kart, but let's be realistic and hope there are more than 16; And please, ONLINE BATTLE MODE.
3. Will try out the bikes, always nice to see them trying out new stuff, even though it really failed with double dash.

Honestly, I'm hoping for the same rush as MKDS online, only better since you can race more than three other people in this version.
I also hope they make distinct "snaking/exploits allowed" and "snaking/exploits disallowed" online modes because that really divided players.

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Today Nintendo told us that there IS snaking in Mario Kart Wii - that fn suckssss!!!!!!

I could cut off opponents balls when i see someone playing Mario Kart DS snaking around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snaking isn't that hard, and it's a fun technical way to gain and advantage over rookies who are like "aww man a snaker, I quit".

Mario Kart : DD was awesome, if you don't like it I guess you just go with the crowd without playing the game. Two players on your cart didn't make any kind of difference other than the ability to have more items, which meant more chaos, which meant more fun.

Social0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I found mario kart DD an awesome mario kart as well.
I don't really mind the snaking although there should be an option to play with snaking disabled, there really should be. Especially online

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
^Definitely agree! It SHOULD be left in the game, but just with an option to disable it. It makes the game fun, it just sucks when it's over-used.

Social0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
or maybe someone that enjoys a multiplayer game after a hard day of work without having played the game for 2 months in a row master each corner of each track.

tic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
or maybe someone that enjoys a multiplayer game after a hard day of work without having played the game for 2 months in a row master each corner of each track.

so you want to be able to win against people that have played for 2 months without putting in the effort? that doesnt sound like a very rewarding game. no matter how much you train, someone that has just picked up the game could come and beat you. sounds like a kids game to me. i hope they keep snaking, and make it very hard to do

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

so you want to be able to win against people that have played for 2 months without putting in the effort? that doesnt sound like a very rewarding game. no matter how much you train, someone that has just picked up the game could come and beat you. sounds like a kids game to me. i hope they keep snaking, and make it very hard to do
Well Mario Kart was always somewhat like that, like the players that are the most behind get the best items to use. It's not childish, just accessible. People who have never played before can have a chance then too, so they won't loose hope immediately. Most Nintendo games are about having fun rather than winning always and being the leetest or something.

I bought Gears of Wars a while ago, but when I get headshotted before I even see where the enemy is, I get demotivated to even get better at the game. Not everyone likes games that are only accessible to pro players, if you want to have a racer that requires skill only to win, then there are more then enough regular racing games...

And it's not that Mario Kart doesn't require skill at all, it's just that luck has a factor too. Where's the fun for a noob if he always looses because he hadn't learned some weird technique skipping from the sides of the roads and stuff. Don't see why players who aren't in to weird techniques shouldn't be allowed to enjoy a game as well...

puff1983

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You don't like snaking?

You don't know how to snake ?

Your a Mario Kart Noob !! ^^

I absolutly hate snaking! I can do anything else except for that. Maybe I think that since I've never used it I never will. I know MKDS has a mission where you have to snake, needless to say I cheated my way outta that one.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Yes, but DD had TOO MUCH luck. Three blue shells in the same race, and you can go from number one to last place. That's not fun, that's childish frustration.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
People who hate 'snaking' in MK games just suck at it, then complain because they are really bad losers.

Simple fact, the more skilled player (snaker) is much more likely to win barring 'bad/goodluck'... thats the way it should be, ie more skill ftw.

people who can't snake and can't take losing to a more skilful player should seek other non-skilled people to play with, this applies to all games.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can snake but I choose not to. It's lame and boring.

Snaking gives too much of an advantage IMO and I'm not one of those people that always has to win to feel good about myself as a person.

I don't care if I lose against a 'noob' it doesn't effect my ego like some of the people in this thread.

snaking does not = skill...it's just a cheap trick that anyone can learn if they play the game for long enough. Boosting around corners I have no problem with at all however.

I have the most fun with mario cart when it's a close race - even if I lose.

SaiZou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
snakers arent that bad.. i actually go up against lots a snakers and i just race regularly and i win lol take the inside and ur flying

beesnees31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When does this come out? Has a release date been announced? I'm looking forward to this more than brawl really.
April 2nd is the release date
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yltcaxE