Homebrew Mario Kart Wii Error 001

nickyo1011

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, recently I lost my mkwii disc so I decided to get the iso and convert it to wbfs using Wii Backup Manager. It took a very long time but it finished. Then I plugged my 32 gb flash drive back into my Wii and booted USB Loader GX. When I opened Mario Kart Wii, it came up with an error. The error is error 001. I have no clue what to do. I looked up how to fix it but none of them helped. Since I am using a Wii U to play Wii (vWii) I can't do certain things like Priiloader or bootmii. They won't install. Someone please help me fix this, im doing this for my family and one of my good friends.

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@nickyo1011 The Wii is really picky with flash drives.
It's not worth the time to look for one that may work, just buy a cheap external 2.5" HDD with a USB Y cable to use power from the 2 usb ports and it should work, as long as your converted game wasn't damaged.
Maybe try to run it with dolphin to look if it works there.

nickyo1011

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@nickyo1011 The Wii is really picky with flash drives.
It's not worth the time to look for one that may work, just buy a cheap external 2.5" HDD with a USB Y cable to use power from the 2 usb ports and it should work, as long as your converted game wasn't damaged.
Maybe try to run it with dolphin to look if it works there.
Im absolutely sure it has nothing to do with the flash drive, I think it has to do with Mariokart Wii recognizing that im playing it from a usb in general. I can't fix it unless a have cfw I guess but I cant do cfw because I have a vwii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8