Hacking Question Mariko Homebrew

Waterdragon78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! My hackable switch broke and I got a new Nintendo Switch for cheap on ebay. The switch works perfectly but when I tried to start up CFW on it, it wouldn't boot. I looked at the serial number and realized it was patched. does anyone know for close we are to patched/Mariko Homebrew?

(also, are Mariko switches and patched switches the same thing??)

Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! My hackable switch broke and I got a new Nintendo Switch for cheap on ebay. The switch works perfectly but when I tried to start up CFW on it, it wouldn't boot. I looked at the serial number and realized it was patched. does anyone know for close we are to patched/Mariko Homebrew?

If it isn't on 4.1 or lower, then your only option for now is to install a TX modchip. A software exploit for your Switch is unlikely to happen anytime soon, if ever.

Ipatched systems and Mariko systems are not the same thing, but both require a TX modchip for the time being (unless it's a patched system on 4.1).

Waterdragon78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is on the atmosphere GitHub page
Will this also go for patched switches???

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 6.00.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 6.00.31 PM.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 542
Last edited by Waterdragon78,

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There's Erista, and Mariko.
V1 Switch, both patched and unpatched are Erista.
V2 Switch and Switch Lite are Mariko.

The names are the codenames for the Tegra X1 and Tegra X1+, which are the main SoC in the Switch.

To answer your overall question, the only solution for V1 Patched units, V2 Switch, and Switch Lite's are either the SX Core for regular Switch, and SX Lite for Switch Lite.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What I find amusing is
Given that
1) mariko units can only run through an SX chip
2) atmosphere is working on mariko support

So does this mean atmosphere is working hard trying to find support for units they know contain SX mod chips???? :P
Or possibly Sciresm is nearing a breakthough.

Last edited by Basketto,

Waterdragon78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does r
It supports patched units with the SX Core. Go into the SX bootloader, payloads, and run hekate and then load atmosphere.

It does NOT support Mariko units. So V2 and lite users have to wait.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
will it support it without SX core

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait say wut?
Does ReiNX and SX OS support it too? By the way my switches serial number starts with 1012, is it patched of mariko?
SX would, dunno about ReiNX.
However, do note, them supporting patched consoles does not mean you can run them on patched consoles, you still need some means of running.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What’s the difference between lpatched and Marino systems?
patched systems are identical to launch systems except they either use xUSB instead of USB2 in RCM or replace ipatch 3 with a fix for the RCM bug.
Whereas Mariko is a whole new SoC with new/different hardware and all that fun stuff.

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will it support it without SX core
This question was already answered for you but you didn't bother to read it the first time.

If it isn't on 4.1 or lower, then your only option for now is to install a TX modchip. A software exploit for your Switch is unlikely to happen anytime soon, if ever.

Ipatched systems and Mariko systems are not the same thing, but both require a TX modchip for the time being (unless it's a patched system on 4.1).

Reactions: Lacius

HenryMin

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Unpatched console can run every CFW
Ipatched console with fw 4.1.0 can run every CFW (Deja Vu exploit)
Ipatched console with SX CORE can run every CFW (AMS, SX OS)
Mariko console with SX CORE/LITE can only run SX OS atm.
AMS will support mariko in future. (Still need modchip like SX CORE)

Reactions: hippy dave

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I've managed to order an SX Core and hopefully it is currently en route to my location. Hard to tell, having to import from China and all. The language barrier is a real bitch.

In any case, I sure hope Atmosphere and the related tools get updated to work on Mariko units. Would much rather use a community-driven, FOSS solution than closed source OS from God only knows where.

ahan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Mariko keys are finally dumped and made public. You can expect a exploit soon. I am waiting myself....

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Mariko keys are finally dumped and made public. You can expect a exploit soon. I am waiting myself....
This is not true. These keys have been dumped in the past too through hardware exploits.
I expect another hardware solution in the future but it’s wrong to expect software mods. Besides, SX Core already exists for Mariko units and works perfectly for people who want homebrew on mariko units.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte