Gaming Maplestory

ComeTurismO

CTO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, do you play MapleStory?I find this game very addicting and fun. I had a level 120 Bishop but for some reason MS says it does not exist 5 years later. Oh well.

My new main is a level 46 Ice/Lightning mage, and seriously i hate my decision choosing to be one.
I got a level 41 Demon Slayer fun too..

I'm just wondering, what levels of accounts do you guys have?

Level 46 = DoctorNewbie (Bera)
Level 82 = RejectaCouch (Bera)

ComeTurismO

CTO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice! I've met with a person who knows GBAtemp but is not part of it.

I'm trying to meet people in MS from GBAtemp, if they think that is okay, well only to nicee people lol!

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I do not, nor does anyone I know. The game is terrible, in every regard. Graphics, gameplay, "story", technical problems, animations, etc. Ontop of that, it's nothing more than a grindfest.

Anyone that plays World of Warcraft and/or Maplestory so passionately is just someone that doesn't know that there are MUCH MUCH MUCH better mmorpg's out there, in literally every single term a game can be better. If you like action side-scroller RPG's, that's fine, there's plenty other and better MMO's of that style too.

098v

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@basher11 you mean that flash game if so then yea I've played a little and @Xuphor yes there is better games but the community of MS is what drew me into the game in the first place not the graphics or animations, yes there is alot of updates and it's a pain to wait for it to update but it's still a fun game to play once in a while especially with some friends.

PS @xAC3L3G3NDx hope to see ya online

ComeTurismO

CTO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, I do not, nor does anyone I know. The game is terrible, in every regard. Graphics, gameplay, "story", technical problems, animations, etc. Ontop of that, it's nothing more than a grindfest.
Anyone that plays World of Warcraft and/or Maplestory so passionately is just someone that doesn't know that there are MUCH MUCH MUCH better mmorpg's out there, in literally every single term a game can be better. If you like action side-scroller RPG's, that's fine, there's plenty other and better MMO's of that style too.
Not really, the graphics are good and also it improved so much with now a "story". Plus technical problems? What problems? No problem w me. If you have hispeed internet (Fast) its gonna run good for you.

no scania players here? :(
People In Scania are so mean. They only love people for NX.

jarejare3

PROFILE CHANGE!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I used to played that game a few years ago, but I quited. Due to it forcing you you to like literally spam only one skill for dozens of levels, the repetitiveness, boring events, and also hardcore grinding.

I heard it change everything about it, but I still found it boring after a few tries. The community from a few years ago was WAY better than the community now. And the community from a few years ago was only so-so to begin with.

Edit: Used to have a level 76 pirate, you know the one who uses his fist.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I randomly wander back to MS every now and again. It's just fun for a non-typical breather.
120 mercedes, 71ish Crusader, 40 ish Dual Blade. Buncha other crap I dabbled with and don't remember.
Mercedes quickly and easily became my favorite class. They're so damn fun to play.

The graphics are fine. It has its own style, and follows it quite nicely.
The gameplay is entirely unique and any MMO to try mimic it has failed miserably
MMOs don't have story
There aren't any more technical problems than a typical MMO.
Animations are fine
Grinding was eliminated like 2-3 years ago. Getting to 120 takes a week. Getting 121-200 is more grindy, though. Still doesn't take that long.

Weren't you the person going to be playing Aion? I can't remember, but if you were, your opinion is completely invalid when trying to diss another MMO.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I've got a few friends and myself that are at all stages of the game (low level, mid level and high level characters). In Scania.

But I've reached the point where I've lost any and all interest in MS. And that was before they dropped the experience curve to make it much easier to level.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I randomly wander back to MS every now and again. It's just fun for a non-typical breather.
120 mercedes, 71ish Crusader, 40 ish Dual Blade. Buncha other crap I dabbled with and don't remember.
Mercedes quickly and easily became my favorite class. They're so damn fun to play.

The graphics are fine. It has its own style, and follows it quite nicely.
The gameplay is entirely unique and any MMO to try mimic it has failed miserably
MMOs don't have story
There aren't any more technical problems than a typical MMO.
Animations are fine
Grinding was eliminated like 2-3 years ago. Getting to 120 takes a week. Getting 121-200 is more grindy, though. Still doesn't take that long.

Weren't you the person going to be playing Aion? I can't remember, but if you were, your opinion is completely invalid when trying to diss another MMO.
You're wrong about MMOs not having story. The bad ones don't. The good ones do. Granted the story usually just involves a set of quests you have to complete in order, but it adds a lot of fun to a game and makes it less about grinding and fetch quests.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're wrong about MMOs not having story. The bad ones don't. The good ones do. Granted the story usually just involves a set of quests you have to complete in order, but it adds a lot of fun to a game and makes it less about grinding and fetch quests.

MMOs have story the same way those goosebump books had gameplay.
No MMO to date has had a good story, thus I disregard them as having any.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i liked it to be honest, but one day, i could not update it anymore, cause installation constantly resulted in data1.cab errors...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

MMOs have story the same way those goosebump books had gameplay.
No MMO to date has had a good story, thus I disregard them as having any.
I'm sure any LotR fan would enjoy the story in Lord of the Rings Online, as it's parallel to the storyline in the books and you get to do quests with/for the main characters from the books. It also seems like they put a lot of work into the storyline in order to make it tie in with the storyline in the books well.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to play in Bellocan, and then I quit because I got hacked. I was a level 153 Night Lord, with like 20bill(clothes+mesos) together. I still have the account but its all stripped =(.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated