Maple Story DS translating

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by darkrv, Jun 21, 2010.

Jun 21, 2010

Maple Story DS translating by darkrv at 1:55 AM (3,005 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. darkrv
    OP

Newcomer darkrv Newbie

United States
    Hello,

The project for translating ms from korea to english is dead... But i really want to see this game translated.
    Darknemesis made a tool to easily translate the game.... I can use it and i made it working but i tried to use google translator to translate but it didnt make any sense...
    I wanna know if some korean speaker dudes who know ms are interested to work on a new project and try to translate the story part of the game :s, so we can finish the original project and play a 100% english game...

Thanks!

2. xdarkx

Member xdarkx GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    The project isn't entirely dead, that is if you read the latest post carefully. Once they got a Korean translator(s), the project will start again. If any Korean translator(s) are interested, they would join their project instead of starting a whole new one. Therefore, there is no need for you to start a new project.

3. Hiraoka Minoru

Newcomer Hiraoka Minoru Member

Korea, South
    Good news! [​IMG]

Someone 'might' remember me.. I was one of MapleStory DS translator.
    (If you see original thread, you'll find me.)
    I didn't knew anything of these because they suddenly made new google group and didn't let me in that group.
    (Although Clash left me url which leads me to new group.. thx for that)
    Maybe they simply thought I was one of people trying to mess up their work.

If anyone wants KoreanEnglish translator, just PM me.

4. McFlurry

Member McFlurry GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    why is that game only in korean???

5. thumper1023

Newcomer thumper1023 Member

United States
    Because the original Maplestory MMO was only in Korean

6. xdarkx

Member xdarkx GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    You should pm Skyline969.

7. knite0

Newcomer knite0 Newbie

Canada
    remember those programs posted in the old thread? I ended up using google translate on all the files, but then noticed that google translate spaced and capitalized some of the coding in the text files incorrectly. If anyone wants to try fixing those code bits (and edit the translation to fit Maplestory) I'll upload them somewhere and post the link (if I'm allowed to that is)

8. suruz

Member suruz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    ...Doing a google translated version of the game is a stupid idea to begin with, because hardly anything would make sense, and it would mostly just be random words and gibberish.

On top of that, you should have at least google translated each part seperately and then pasted it back into the files -___- If you can't even do that much, I doubt anyone else will do it for you.

Also, why bother doing all this when there is a proper translation going on!? Just be patient! >_>

9. toshio

Newcomer toshio Advanced Member

Japan
    My Friend is my translator [​IMG] its good to have Korean friends who knows both languages and speaks good english

10. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    i wish you luck with your project because i wish to play it in english/chinese (whichever, come first)
    since most of the time all projects here ends with LIFE; so i hope you won't fail us [​IMG]