Manhunt 2 pal Wii patch

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Barquest100, Oct 9, 2008.

Oct 9, 2008

Manhunt 2 pal Wii patch by Barquest100 at 5:16 PM (5,555 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. Barquest100
    OP

Newcomer Barquest100 Member

United Kingdom
    hi. I have recently got manhunt 2 ntsc and my wii is pal. I hear that i need to get a patch or something and i downloaded wiigionfree but i havnt got a clue how to work it (eg. wtf is a iso) and i dont know how to get the patch onto the game or onto my wii...

please help asap!

i really wanna play this game

Barquest100

2. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    an Iso is the games image, with all the files inside the ISO, Is it an original game?
    Do you have a modded wii?

3. Egonny

Member Egonny GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    So if I'm right, you bought the NTSC and you have an unchipped PAL Wii? LOL
    You can patch with Wiigionfree if you have a downloaded ISO, on your computer, which you can burn on a DVD.
    Now you have bought the game, which isn't patchable.
    What you can do is install the Homebrew Channel(there are lots of tutorials of it) and use Gecko OS to play it region free.

4. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Run it through Gecko OS, it will take care of the regionfree stuff.
    And the integrated Ocarina engine can remove the censoring from the game.

5. Barquest100
    OP

United Kingdom
    how do you get the homebrew channel onto your wii?

6. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
  7. xboxreloaded

Member xboxreloaded GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    i have manhunt 2 german uncut on my tracker or rapid...

8. Barquest100
    OP

United Kingdom
    i downloaded the twilight hack etc but when i try to copy the information from my pc onto a sd card and onto the wii it said "save not copied" and i dont know why this happens....help!?

9. mikeyt1998

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    if you have a recently updated wii then the zelda hack you're using may be an older version which arent allowed to copy to wii memory anymore. try downlaoding a more recent TP hack from somewhere perhaps?

also, check if you're using the right save. if you're using a pal wii and pal TP then use the pal save. same for NTSC

also, if your region under you name is USA then why do you have a PAL wii in the first place?

10. Barquest100
    OP

United Kingdom
    i am from the uk...near brighton...but for some reason i changed it to the uk and it must hack switched back when i used the scroller on the mouse or summin. yeh il give it a try... any more ideas people?

11. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    Just to let you know, Manhunt 2 doesn't work with any incarnation of the Backup Loader... tested by MANY people with MANY system configurations... Manhunt 2 just doesn't work yet...

12. Mark McDonut

Member Mark McDonut GBAtemp Fan

United States
    zidane-

Not true, I have an NTSC wii and ripped my NTSC copy of manhunt 2 to an Iso with usb gecko/GeckoOS ISO ripper, changed the execution data, trucha signed it, and used wiigator's backup patcher/modified GeckoOS loader and it ran fine, The only issue is there is so much disc access on-the-fly that when doing executions or being seen by someone, the game would jerk for a second or two before playing the sound effects of executions or the "HEY YOU!" when you've been spotted or the equivalent. Got really annoying really fast so I opted to play my original hooked with the REAL GeckoOS and just use usbgecko and WiiRD codes to uncensor.

I mean, the fmv's are choppy too, but it DOES work and is KINDA playable...

13. Barquest100
    OP

United Kingdom
    ok....iv finally managed to get the homebrew channel onto my wii but their isnt the gecko free region system on there....does anyone have a link to a site that i can download the wad onto my sd card with?

14. Mark McDonut

United States
  15. Barquest100
    OP

United Kingdom
  16. Barquest100
    OP

United Kingdom
    thanks everyone for all your help... iv finally got it to work!

Barquest100

17. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    I ripped my Manhunt 2 with the HTTP backup program... patched it, with all 3 versions of the backup loader floating around, and I get the black screen of death every time... so, exactly how do you change the execution data?

18. Mark McDonut

United States
    I ripped mine with GeckoOS and a usbgecko to an Iso and used trucha signer to modify the levelsetup.ini file in the global folder in the game partition and changed the execution values. it's the same for psp and ps2 too, the only difference is you're fakesigning the disc and using trucha to insert the file and re-sign it (a security measure not implemented in ps2 or psp versions)

You can't edit a backup creator patched Iso as far as I know (at least right now), it needs to be done beforehand before you patch it. I have an NTSC wii and an NTSC original of the game. Try one of the region chancing pc apps to force your tv resolution and see if that helps... I was using wiigator's NTSC loader as well, not wanionkoko's as my wii isn't PAL.

The game is choppy as shit though whenevr it does a disc read (when you're seen, fmv's, beginning of executions) So I generally Play my original copy and use GeckoOS to launch it to enable my usbgecko and use WiiRD with it to edit the values. Like I said, it runs, just not all that perfect. Some people have said they used Ocarina (the homebrew cheat engine in the new GeckoOS) to uncensor but I could never get it to work properly so I launch the original disc like I posted above, the only thing with that is you need a usbgecko to take advantage of it..

19. lordelan

Member lordelan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    Still any chance here to get an already uncut patched ISO or a tutorial how to patch my ISO (!) uncut instead of using codes or Gecko OS or Ocarina or SD cards or whatever?