0.0%
  4. Berenst(e)ain Bears

66.7%
  5. 3 voter(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JuanMena

OP JuanMena Politically Incorrect ♥️

Mexico
    I just felt like doing this dumb thread as some kind of poll to see who's had these kind of collectively false memories.
    And the reason for me doing this is quite simple: GBAtemp has people of all ages and all countries, so it'll be interesting to see who else beside you and me remember these things regardless of generation and culture.

I'll start with three that I remember based on my life experience, and I'll add a poll, so you can vote if you remember these things.

Number One: Monopoly Guy
    I remember seeing this guy with a monocle. Literally a monocle on his left eye because he would be usually sustaining himself with a cane on his right hand.

Number Two: Disney Movie Intro
    I remember Disney movies with Tinkerbell flying from the right side of the screen, coming to the center of the Disney Logo and doing something with a wand followed by sparks and a fading transition before the movie started.

Number Three: ... of the WORLD!
    I remember hearing that last verse in that infamous Queen song.
    For many years I thought that I had the answer to this phenomenon, because Robbie Williams sang this song to promote: A Knight's Tale
    Robbie Williams made a video of him singing the song alongside Queen themselves, and I remember that in the video, Robbie was on stage, outdoors, singing before a huge crowd of people whilst showing random shots of the movie.
    At the end of the video, Robbie did the "...of the WORLD!" and that's when the video ended.
    I thought that it somehow, got stuck in our brains because Robbie's version of the song is far more recent that the original, which would result in many if us remembering the song being that way.
    Truth is, I recently saw the video again, and it doesn't has Robbie with Queen, nor the outdoors stage, nor the last verse at the end.

Say... do you have similar memories?

Add your vote to the poll and suggest more false memories to add to the poll.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  2. JuanMena

Mexico

3. Scarlet

Scarlet Pretty Pretty Princess
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Biggest one for me is the Berenstain Bears. I've always had it in my head that it was Berenstein Bears, and like, apparently I'm not the only one here. I only realised it was wrong when I saw a YouTube vid of somebody also acknowledging it.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  4. JuanMena

Mexico
    Well, thanks for replying Scarlet.

Berenstein Bears was never a thing over here.
    I'm familiar with the issue thanks to AVGN, and I think that English Pronunciation is the culprit :ha:

EDIT: Ah yes, my opinion is addressed in the video

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Mandela, Effect, Thread