Homebrew MAME Rom Dir, and Channel Questions

Helltech

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I never used the MAME emulator on Wii before, but I wanted to try it because I wanted to try a specific game, however MAME is giving me a lot of problems, so I guess I might as well ask if the dang game even works, does MAME use the Wii's motion sensor for light gun games like Area 51? I know its possible to do this via bluetooth and a wiimote on MAME on your PC. So if it isn't even possible with MAME Wii then I don't even care.

If it is possible I need to find out why my roms aren't found. I have tried both zipped, unzipped, in folders, not in folders at all in this director "sd:/mame/roms" as far as I'm aware that is where they should be, right?

Next, I'm looking for a couple channels, (or forwarders if there are no channels available) for Gensis PLUS GX, and MAME Wii. I did a search and what I could find were mostly old dead rapidshare or megauplaod links =/. I could have sworn there used to be a gigantic thread with channels for all the popular emulators, but I can't find it for the life of me. Anyway, the GenPlusGX ones I find all freeze at "loading .dol" so there is that.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
MAME Wii is outdated by RA Wii. Only plus for MAME SDL is that it does use the pointer for lightgun games,, but those 2 that run are Duckhunt & Operation Wolf. They are available in NES & TG16 too.

Now, go to the Retroarch topic and download Retroarch Wii. Use the fba core for NeoGeo,CPS1,CPS2 and other arcade roms. There is a forwarder link in the topic too as well as a list of supported games in later pages. Also make sure to read the readme in the first post.
For other forwarders check out mastershoe' s collection (credit goes to him)
http://www.mediafire.com/?ak467b0ajccya#myfiles

Have fun!

Helltech

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never even heard of RA, guess its not on the homebrew wiki. So it doesn't use the pointer for lightgun games though? I'm honestly only interested in playing Area 51 and maybe Lethal Enforcers. So I'm just looking for "something" to run those, if there even are any. From what I understand there is a difference between MAME Wii and MAME SDL too right? Thank you very much for the mastershoes link (well didn't give me a link but told me what to search for :P).

tstwitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeh, you want MAME Wii 1.0 and it's written by ToadKing (it's a new rewrite with zero linux code now). It actually works very well and I like it. I personally find with RetroArch there is A LOT of fiddling before you get the actual game launched. Not so great for my daughter who is just trying to get a quick game of Elevator Action going. Question to the folks, I LOVE Mame Wii 1.0 by Toad King but I DON'T seem to be able to get the Nunchuck working. Anyone have any ideas ? Does Mame Wii 1.0 even support the Nunchuck. I have been trying to program it's movement after hitting the Home key, but no dice. Only the traditional Wiimote and/or GC Controller work at this point for me.

Not so good for my buddy who has a newer Wii with a TR Wiimote and zero Gamecube ports :(

tstwitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it is possible I need to find out why my roms aren't found. I have tried both zipped, unzipped, in folders, not in folders at all in this director "sd:/mame/roms" as far as I'm aware that is where they should be, right?

Yup, you have the right directory, "sd:/mame/roms" for Mame Wii 1.0 by Toad King

I would start with your older roms like Galaga, Elevator Action, Contra ... to ensure you have a working Mame emulator, before moving to Roms that are a little more advanced and larger.

The link on Wiibrew has a link to Toad Kings list of supported and working Roms, it's a nice list!

tstwitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have seriously had problems trying to the the Wiimote pointer working for a trackball game like Missile Command. Anyone have any suggestions how to do that, or could you email me your sd:\mame\cfg\missile.cfg so I can copy it! I am just totally lost how to setup the Wiimote light gun sensor for Missile Command,... but... I need too, as.... there are way to many good memories of hours spent playing Missile Command when I was only 13 !

P3rf3ctVZer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I use retro arch for mame arcade games? I am working on running tests using the improved power of the wii u and I can safely say many games that won't work on the wii do and will work on the wii u. I pray someone intelligent enough notices and works on a wii nds emulator using wii u specs. THe wii runs ati radeon hd 7000 series which is what my pc runs on. Where the wii ran on the 4000 series. Also the wii had a dual core 2.2 ghz processor but the wii u uses a 3.4 x4 core ghz processor. Theoretically we could run ps2 on the wii u if someone started the project. Also wii u has 8 gb ram and the wii had 2gb.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: